- CONGRATULATIONS to our Unified Special Olympic Team for remaining undefeated in the district tournament at Ouachita University on Tuesday. This qualified the team to play in the AAA State Tournament in March!
- Key Club will meet today during both lunches in the Lecture Hall. We will discuss upcoming events and organizations that need our help. Come be a part of making a positive difference in the world!
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today in Mrs. Cochran’s room (116) from 3:30 to 4pm.
- There will be a Gay Straight Alliance meeting in room 208 at 3:30 this Friday.
- FBLA is helping with a Mobile Pack in March. Every day at least 6,200 children die from hunger or hunger-related causes. We need students from Conway High School to help. There are four shifts available to work:
Date: Friday, March 31 Times: 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm and 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Date: Saturday, April 1 Times: 10:00 am to 12:00 noon and 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
We challenge other organizations at CHS to help us pack meals for hungry children. Come to the Career Center (Room 900) to register if you are interested. Thank you in advance!
- The library will be closed Monday, February 27 – Friday, March 3 due to testing.
- Blood Drive: It’s not too late to sign up to donate blood on March 3rd. We still have spots available for 1st-6th periods, so get your form turned in ASAP. The blood drive will be held on Friday, March 3rd. Permission forms can be picked up in study hall or Room 901 in the Career Center. We need to step it up if we want to beat Cabot in the final blood drive of the school year. Cabot had a total of 76 units donated at their spring blood drive and right now we don’t even have 30 forms turned in! C’mon Conway, I know we are better than that! Did you know that for every 1 unit donated, it can save up to 3 lives? Let’s come together and save some lives Conway High!
- High School Dance tryouts will be March 13th–17th. Students may pick-up a packet from the front office. All paperwork will be due the first day of tryouts.
- The Faulkner County Youth Leadership Program has started the recruiting process for the Class of 2018. The application deadline is March 3, 2017. Applications are available in the counseling center or on the high school website. Current sophomores and juniors may apply.
- Tug-of-War t-shirt orders and teams must be in by Friday, March 3rd. T-shirts will NOT be available after March 3rd. The cost for a t-shirt is $10. Please see Mrs. Wells in the Career Center or stop by the Tug-of-War table in the cafeteria at lunch if you have any questions.
Date: Friday, March 17th from 12:30-3:00 PM Proceeds go to Arkansas Children’s Hospital.
- Juniors who have a Career Focus, now is the time to apply to the CHS Internship Program. If you qualify, you will be able to leave school during the day to go to work and “Earn While You Learn!” For an application, ask any Career Center teacher, or see Mrs. Bell, Internship Coordinator. The deadline to apply is Friday, March 3, 2017.