- Ozark Water Project is an organization that takes new or gently used donated shoes and sells them by the pound to developing countries. In these countries the shoes serve as an opportunity for entrepreneurs to have a business venture and also provide low cost shoes for the population. Ozark Water Project uses the money from the bulk sale of shoes to build and repair wells, and provide water purification systems in countries in serious need of water. Last year, when Bryant challenged us to collect shoes, we rose to the occasion and collected 3,000 shoes. Hopefully, we will once again rise to the occasion. Join us January 25-29 by bringing in old shoes to your second period, so that we can help bring water to those who so desperately need it. Boxes will also be set up in the lobby for the community to donate.
- National Honor Society will meet before and after school in room 363.
- Creative Writing Club meets at 3:30 in room 116.
- Model United Nations meets at 3:30 in room 263.
- CHS Swim/Dive at Benton today, 3:30 pm – 6:30 pm.
- Conway Police Explorers will meet at the Police Department at 5:00 pm today to be certified in first aid, buddy aid.
- CHS Wrestling vs. Cabot and Jonesboro at Cabot, today 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm.
- "Musings from the Batcave" is a one-act musical and an original work by choir director Sam Huskey. It centers around the characters Batman, Batgirl, Robin, Wonder Woman, and others. The show premieres January 29th and 30th, 7:00 pm nightly with a 1:00 pm matinee on Saturday the 30th in the James H. Clark Auditorium. Admission is free. Kids of all ages are encouraged to come out dressed like their favorite heroes and take pictures with the cast after the show.
- Wrestling Tournament at the Greenbrier City Center from Friday, January 29, at 12:00 am through Sunday, January 31, 12:00 am.
- Wampus Cat/Lady Cats Basketball vs. Alma on Friday, January 29, 3:30 pm – 8:30 pm at the Buzz Bolding Arena.
- CHS Bowling Team vs. Conway Christian Friday, January 29, 3:30 pm – 6:30 pm
- "Musings from the Batcave" performances at 1:00 pm and 7:00 pm in the James H. Clark Auditorium.
- Arkansas Chamber Singers Music/Vocal Scholarship auditions and interviews will take place at 3:00 pm on January 31st at Little Rock's Holy Souls Church.
- Attention FBLA Competitors for District V on Monday, February 1st: 1) Be at the Career Center in professional business dress at 7:15 AM. 2) The bus will leave promptly at 7:30 am. 3) Make sure all paperwork is turned in to Mrs. Wells by Friday of this week. 4) Make sure you have money for lunch. If you have any questions or problems, see one of the advisors. Thank you.
- Our yearly Multicultural Festival will be held this year on Tuesday, February 2nd at the Conway Junior High campus from 5:30 to 7:30. Come join us for entertainment, music, fun and food from around the world.
- The Faulkner County Youth Leadership Institute is now taking applications for the 2016-2017 class. Application deadline: Friday, February 26, 2016. Interviews begin the week prior to Spring Break. All Faulkner County 10th and 11th grade students are eligible to apply. Please fill out the forms and mail them to P.O. Box 2656, Conway 72033. Click here for more information and to download application forms.
- Thea Foundation Scholarships are awarded solely on talent, never on test scores, GPAs or intent to major in the arts. Your scholarship will travel to any college you attend, but if you choose to attend one of our more than 20 education partners, including every 4-year college and many 2-year colleges in Arkansas, your scholarship could be matched with thousands more dollars in scholarship money.
Slam Poetry: Deadline 11:59 pm, Monday 3/14/16
Film: Deadline 3/18/16 (Extended deadline flyer)
- UCA Foundation scholarship applications are currently open. If you are planning to attend UCA, visit uca.edu/go/foundation-scholarships to apply. There are 303 scholarships available. The deadline is March 11.