- The Creative Writing Club will meet today in Mrs. Cochran’s room (116) from 3:30 to 4:00 pm. We will host Kate Brauning, author of How We Fall.
- FCCLA member meeting today during 1st lunch in room 901 and 2nd lunch in room 914 or after school in room 914.
- The CHS Theatre Department will have a fundraiser at Larry’s Pizza tonight from 4:30-8:30. Proceeds go towards producing the current production, the One-Act Play Festival.
- FCCLA Star Events participants make sure you pay your $10 fee by Friday. First Star Events work day is October 12 at 3:15 in room 914.
- Attention All Students: There are a few seats left on the Spirit Bus to Cabot this Friday. See Mrs. Reed in room 364 with $10, first-come-first-serve to fill those seats.
- Key Club Recruitment drive this week with these exciting activities:
- Friday – Spirit Bus to the game in Cabot. Meet in front of the Arena at 5:30.
- Bring $10 to Mrs. Reed in room 364; first 50 get to ride so sign up now!
- School Pictures: Make-up pictures are scheduled for Monday, October 17.
- PSAT: Don’t forget that there are only a few more days to sign up for the PSAT. The PSAT, which is the qualifying test for the National Merit Scholarship Competition, will be given on the morning of October 19th. Juniors who are interested in taking the test may sign up in the counseling center. Cost is $15.00. The deadline to sign up is Wednesday, October 12.
- Ecofest: Are you interested in saving the environment, having a lot of fun, or just need some service hours? Come out to the 8th annual Ecofest this Saturday at Laurel Park and join Key Club as we volunteer to help make this event possible! Sign up and pick up a volunteer waiver (if you’re under 18) at the table outside room 364.
- This week is National Yearbook Week, and even though the four free icon discounts has expired, you can still order your yearbook for $50 by going to www.jostensyearbooks.com. This week only, for ordering online, Jostens will enter you in a drawing to win one of 4 Go-Pro cameras they are giving away to celebrate. Order yours today!
- CHS 2016 Homecoming “Going for the Gold”!!!
Homecoming tickets will be sold in the cafeteria Monday, October 10 - Friday, October 14. Tickets are $15/each. No tickets will be sold after 12:30 Friday, October 14. Out-of-school date forms can be picked up in the front office. Anyone taking a non-CHS student must get one of these forms filled out, signed and returned to the front office by Thursday, October 13.
- FCCLA member t-shirts are $5, see Mrs. Bishop in the Career Center to give her your size and to pay.
- Discover UALR is a FREE college preview day for juniors and seniors, including interactive sessions, campus activities hosted by student organizations, and plenty of UALR swag to go around. There will be a $1,000 scholarship drawing and an Instagram scholarship contest. It will be held on October 7 or October 28. RSVP at: ualr.edu/admissions/discover.
- Key Club Members: Sign up for Key Leader weekend being held at Camp Tanako outside Hot Springs on November 4-6. Key Leader is a weekend leadership program to help develop today’s young leaders. Deadline to sign up is October 14, cost is $75.
- HOCO Spirit Week: Students! Start preparing for the 2016 HOCO Spirit Week! Our dress up days will be from October 10-14. We hope everyone will participate! The days are as follows:
Monday 10/10: Training Day Off (Wear PJ’s to school)
Tuesday 10/11: United for a Cure (Wear Head-to-Toe Pink)
Wednesday 10/12: Team USA (Wear Patriotic Clothes/Colors)
Thursday 10/13: Olympic Match Day (Wear matching clothes with your friends)
Friday 10/14: Blue/White Day (Wear clothes with Wampus Cat Pride)