- Attention ACT Boost Students - Summer 2016: Your ACT post test scores are in, please see Mrs. Gray in room 156 to receive a copy of your score sheet.
- CHS Student Council will host a “Back to School Bash” today during both lunches. We will have music, free popcorn, and lots of fun in the courtyard! Smoothie King will also be available for purchase. Don’t miss out!
- Model United Nations: Are you interested in discussing current pressing issues such as global terrorism, world hunger, child trafficking, the Syrian Refugee Crisis and the Brexit vote? Come to Mr. Richardson’s room (263) today during both lunches for a relaxed introduction to Model United Nations. Snacks will be provided! A follow-up meeting will take place next Monday at 3:30. All are welcome!
- CHS Gay Straight Alliance will meet in Mrs. Certain’s room 208 today after school.
- CHS Quiz Bowl: Any student wanting to join our very own CHS Quiz Bowl team for the 2016-2017 season, please be sure to visit Mr. Paxton’s room (114) today from 3:30-4:30 pm. Come out and show us your trivia skills.
- Shutterbug Club will have an informational meeting Monday, August 29th during both lunch periods in Mrs. Moore’s room (Career and Technical Building – Room 915). You don’t have to be a photography student to join.
- You are invited to join the CHS Young Democrats during this important election season. Come and find out about the activities of the Young Democrats for the year at the first meeting of the year on Tuesday, August 30th at 3:30 in room 263.
- Key Club Tailgating Kick-off will be September 2 from 5:15-6:30 in the field behind the administration building. Our Kiwanis family will provide the meal so come on out to support those Wampus Cats and enjoy a relaxing time with your Key Club family! Sign up today on the sheet outside room 364.
- Any student interested in joining Educators Rising, please stop by Mrs. Fisher’s room (911-A in the Career Center). This club is for any student interested in the field of teaching. We would love to have you join so hurry by Mrs. Fisher’s room and pick up an application!
- High School Essay Contest: The Phi Mu Mu, Beta Delta and Alpha Delta Theta Chapters of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., are pleased to announce its annual High School Essay Contest for 2016. This contest is conducted on an annual basis in conjunction with our National Achievement Week observance. Awards: 1st Scholarship - $750; 2nd Scholarship - $500; 3rd Scholarship - $250. Contest closes September 16, 2016, entry must be emailed no later than midnight to email@example.com
- Senior ad information for this year’s yearbook is going out through your English teachers. Additional forms can be picked up outside room 601 in the Annex. Ads are due 9/23/16.
- One-Act Plays: Conway High School will present a One-Act play festival for its fall production this year. Fifteen different one-act plays will be directed by our own Theatre III students. Anyone in grades 9-12 can audition and you do not have to be taking a Theatre class to participate. Audition packets are available in room 104-A. Auditions will be on August 29th at 4:30 pm in room 104-A, if you can’t be there at 4:30, let Mr. Spiridigliozzi know.
- The Varsity and JV boys’ basketball NEWCOMER tryouts will be August 29 & 30 in the PE gym from 3:15 - 4:30. Please, contact Coach Johnson or Coach Longing for more information. You must have a physical to try out.
- Skills USA: If you are a student taking Drafting, Computer Engineering, Auto Collision Repair, Construction Technologies, Culinary Arts, Cosmetology, Welding, or Photography, you are eligible to join Skills USA. Speak with your Career Center teacher today for details to join.
- HOSA: Future Health Professionals membership is taking place now through August 31. If you are in a health science class this year or Anatomy, see your teacher today to join.
- Yearbooks can now be ordered online at www.jostensyearbooks.com. If you order before 9/30/16, you get a discount and 4 free icons!
- SCHOOL PICTURE DATES: Seniors: Tuesday, September 13; Juniors: Wednesday, September 14; Sophomores: Thursday, September 15. See more at: http://chs.conwayschools.org/announcements#sthash.Xq6UdZbU.dpuf
2300 Prince Street
Conway, AR 72034
(501) 450-4884 fax
Career and Technical
Clubs and Organizations
English Language Arts
HAC - Home Access Center