- Parent Night: The sophomore and junior counselors of CHS will be hosting a Parent Night on Thursday, January 11 at 7:00 in the lecture hall (main building). The program will be devoted to helping parents understand the scheduling process; provide information on wise course selection, and present course descriptions of new courses being offered next year. Parents of rising sophomores and juniors are encouraged to attend.
- Seniors: A representative with Arkansas Tech University will be here today during both lunches in front of the Counseling Center. Come by and visit during your lunch.
- Orchestra Concert: The CHS Orchestra is presenting a full orchestra concert on Thursday, January 11th at 6:30 pm at the James H. Clark Auditorium. The orchestra will be joined by a select group of wind, brass, and percussion students from the CHS band program, as well as the CHS Camerata Singers, and will also feature senior soloists Maddie M. and Wil V. We’ll be performing works by Copland, Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Mendelssohn, and movie composer John Williams. The whole program offers a message of hope and will leave you uplifted and inspired.
Admission is free!
- Key Club meeting this Thursday during lunch. Come hear about upcoming service opportunities.
- HOSA competition forms and money are due this Friday! You can turn these items in to Ms. Busby, Ms. Friant, or Ms. Tillery.
- Current Juniors and Sophomores come learn about taking AP Psychology next year. There will be an informational meeting on Tuesday, January 16 during both lunches and after school in room 364.
- Seniors: UACCM will be here on Friday, January 19 to give the Accuplacer. To sign up, take $15.00 (cash or money order) to Mrs. Calvin in the Counseling Center. Deadline to sign up is January 17, or when all spots are filled.
- Caring Cats – mark your calendars! Daniel Tyler from Deliver Hope will be our speaker on Friday, January 19th during lunch in the Lecture Hall! You do NOT want to miss it!!!
- Spanish Club: If you are currently enrolled in Spanish and would like to join the Spanish Club, please contact Ms. Zabala in the Annex Building – Room 108. Dues are $5.00.
- Yearbook: The new semester is a great time to make sure you’ve ordered your yearbook. A list of paid students is posted in the annex hall and will be updated weekly. Don’t see your name? Bring $60 to Mrs. Bratton or order online at www.jostensyearbooks.com. Pre-ordering is the only way to guarantee you get a book, so be sure to order yours by February 15!
2300 Prince Street
Conway, AR 72034
(501) 450-4884 fax
Career and Technical
Clubs and Organizations
English Language Arts
HAC - Home Access Center