- National History Day: Several CHS students received high rankings at the Arkansas State History competition last Saturday, April 15th at UCA. Finishing 4th in the Senior Group Exhibit category were Cameron T. and Allison T.; Finishing 3rd in the Senior Historical Paper category was Joe C. The following students have advanced to national competition at the University of Maryland and Washington, D.C. in June: Finishing 1st in the Senior Individual Exhibit category was: Sydney M.; Finishing 1st in the Senior Historical Paper category was: Annette Q.; Finishing 1st in Senior Individual Web site Design was: Lauren C. CONGRATULATIONS to all of the CHS students who participated against stiff competition from the state of Arkansas.
- Juniors who will be taking the MAKE-UP ACT need to report to Room 252 (MAC Lab) at 8:10 a.m. on Wednesday, April 19. Bring a calculator and a #2 pencil.
- The Young Democrats will meet today at 3:30 in room 263.
- Volleyball Tryouts: Anyone interested in trying out for the 2017-2018 Lady Cat Volleyball Team (grades 10-12) should pick-up paperwork from Coach Crow today from 3:15-4:00 in the Arena.
- Signings: Athletes who will be signing to play sports in college next year:
TODAY, April 18 at 3:30 pm in the Arena
Gentrell T. will be signing to play Basketball at Shawnee Community College in Illinois
TODAY, April 18 at 4:30 pm in the Arena
Whit P. will be signing to play Golf at Washburn University
Thursday, April 20 at 4:00 pm in the Arena
Alyssa W. will be signing to play Basketball at Southwestern Assemblies of God University
Bre W. will be signing to play Basketball and Volleyball at Southwestern Assemblies of God University
- Quiz Bowl Tournament: This Saturday, April 22nd, our very own Conway High School Quiz Bowl Team will be playing for the State Champion title at AETN here in Conway. The event will be televised on AETN Channel 2. Be sure to check out the team as they compete and give them some support this week when you see them!
- Scholarship: Tassel Time is offering a $200 college scholarship. Please come by the counseling center to pick up an application. Deadline is May 1.
- Concurrent Credit: Any student who is interested in receiving Concurrent Credit from ASU-Beebe for Career Center courses: A representative from ASU-Beebe will be in the Career Center across from Mrs. Wells’ room on Wednesday, April 26th during both lunches. She will be here to help you register online, collect your money or pay online, and collect the signed forms for the Career Center concurrent credit courses. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Newman or Mrs. Lyon in the Career Center.
- Golf Tryouts: There will be an informational meeting Thursday, April 20th at 3:30 in the Arena for anyone interested in trying out for the 2017-2018 Wampus Cat Golf Team.
- All senior library books must be returned to the media center by April 21. All 10th and 11th grade library books must be turned in by May 5th. Stop in the media center to check the list.
- SENIORS: To request that a copy of your final transcript, test scores, and shot records be sent to a college, university, vocational school, NCAA Clearinghouse, etc., please provide the information on the print-out on the table outside Mrs. Jones’ office. Please read the instructions; if you need help or have questions, see Mrs. Jones, Registrar. Remember, if you had a seven (7) semester transcript mailed earlier to an institute of higher learning they will need a final copy.
- Chili’s Fundraiser for CHS Forensics and Debate teams on Monday, April 24 all day at Chili’s in Conway. Make sure you inform your waiter that you are there to support CHS Forensics and Debate and we will receive a percentage of the sale!
- Conway Public Schools is offering an ACT Boost class designed to increase student’s ACT scores. The cost of the class is $70. Registration forms are available in the counseling center. Please complete the form with payment and return to the counseling center by May 3rd, 2017.
- Friendship Walk: On Saturday, April 22nd at 8:30 am, Best Buddies will sponsor a FRIENDSHIP WALK. Just buy a Best Buddies bracelet for $2.00, show up at the CHS track at 8:30 am and walk with this amazing group. Walkers will lead athletes participating in Special Olympics Track and Field in the opening ceremonies. Following the walk stay and watch a great Special Olympic event before heading over to the auditorium for the musical – MARY POPPINS!!!