- CONGRATULATIONS to the following students for their success at Saturday’s regional History Day competition:
3rd place in the Senior High Group Exhibit category: Gwen B. and Megan H.
3rd place in the Senior Historical Paper category: Gail O.
2nd place in the Senior Historical Paper category: Joe C.
1st place in the Senior Historical Paper category: Annette Q.
1st place in the Senior Group Exhibit: Cameron T. and Allison T.
1st place in the Senior Individual Exhibit category: Sydney M.
1st place in the Senior Individual Web Site category: Lauren C.
Lauren C. also won the outstanding school entry award from Conway High School.
All the students have qualified for the State History Day competition in April, at UCA, for the opportunity to advance to national competition in Washington, D.C. Congratulations to all for a great effort.
- CONGRATULATIONS to the CHS Forensics and Debate teams for all the awards they won at the Arkansas State University tournament this past weekend. Our debate team brought home 1st place debate sweeps and 2nd place forensics sweeps. We also brought home 39 individual awards! Bryton M. – 1st place Poetry, Outstanding Novice Debater, and 2nd place IPDA debate. Mathias F. 1st place informative speaking, 3rd place IPDA debate, end place IPDA speaker; Peter G. – 1st place humorous interpretation; Maggie C. – 1st place program of interpretation; Katelin R. – 2nd place informative speaking; Reilly M. – 2nd place poetry, 3rd place dramatic interpretation, 5th place duo interpretation. Other team members bringing home individual awards were: Briya A., Sana A., Kieara B., Carlie C., Emma D., Joniya F., Shanice G., Kelli K., Chloe M., Tanvir M., Dallin M., Savannah R., Sidnie T., and Cooper T.. They did a great job representing Conway High School.
- Chess and Board Game Club will not meet this week. We will resume meeting after spring break.
- There will be a Young Feminist Alliance meeting today in Mr. Williams’ room 262. All are welcome.
- The Conway Police Explorers will meet at the Police Department at 5:00 p.m. today. Hope to see you there!
- Attention Conway High School – Cats Bank is back in business. We will open our doors Tuesday, March 28 and be open until the middle of May. We are open 4th and 5th periods and both lunches in the Career Center next to room 900. Come on over and check us out and we can explain how our bank works. Save money for prom, graduation, a summer trip, Etc. Hope to see you there!
- Unashamed FCS members, please be sure to return your field trip forms to Mrs. Dunn in room 255 by Wednesday, March 15. Also, please bring your candy donations to Mrs. Dunn’s room 255.
- A list of Honor Graduates for the Class of 2017 has been posted on the wall outside Mrs. Jones’ office (across from the front office). If you have any questions or feel that your name was inadvertently omitted, please contact your counselor or Mrs. Jones, Registrar as soon as possible.
- Hey Wampus Cats --- Give a child a friend forever! Over 1,000 children are admitted to hospitals each month, in Little Rock alone! Little distractions can make this experience less traumatic for them. The German Club is collecting stuffed animals, to be donated to Arkansas Children’s Hospital. Help brighten a child’s day by supporting our efforts to gather as many stuffed toys as we can stuff in a car. Smaller toys are preferable and the toys need to be new, with store tags. The hospital can also use new coloring books. Many of your teachers have collection boxes, or you can bring your donations to room 603 in the Annex building. Also, look for our German Club table at the Tug-of-War this Friday!
- Tug-of-War wristbands will be sold during both lunches for $1. These wristbands will work as your admission into the event. Tug-of-War will be Friday, March 17th from 12:30-3:00 PM. Stop by and see someone TODAY!
- Brady R.will sign to play Soccer at the University of Tulsa this Friday at 2:30 p.m. in the Arena.
- Varsity Cheer tryouts will be March 27-31. Cheer packets are in the front office.
- CHS Prom will be held Saturday, April 1st at Ruth Doyle Intermediate School from 8pm to 12am. The theme for prom this year is “Enchanted Forest”. Tickets are $20 each and will cover all refreshments at the dance. Out of school date forms are available in the office and must be turned in no later than Friday, March 31st. Tickets will be sold during both lunches starting on March 27th through Friday, March 31st. NO TICKETS WILL BE SOLD AT THE DOOR!