- The library will be closed Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of this week for testing.
The library will also be closed on Thursday, April 19 for standardized testing.
- Baseball Fundraiser: Fish, Chicken, Shrimp Dinner will be served on Tuesday, April 17 from 4:30 to -7:30 pm at the CHS Baseball field. Cost: $12 per person
- US Air Force: A representative with the U.S. Air Force will be on campus April 19 during both lunches, in front of the Counseling Center. Come by and visit during your lunch.
- CHS presents the musical “Good News” at the James H. Clark Auditorium. Performances run April 19th - 21st at 7pm with a 1:00pm matinee on Saturday, April 21. Tickets: $10 adults and $5 for students (age 4 through 12th grade) and Conway Public Schools employees.
- Lady Cats Invitational Tournament and Crawfish Boil will be on April 21 from 11:30 to 2:30 pm at the CHS Lady Cats Field. Cost: $10 Crawfish Plate or $10 Jambalaya Plate.
- Free Dental Clinic: The Arkansas Mission of Mercy will be hosting a FREE Dental Clinic, April 27-28 at the Conway Expo Center, Conway, AR. Doors will open at 6:00 a.m. No eligibility or income required. No appointments – first come, first served. Open to children and adults. Services include cleaning, fillings and extractions.
- Wampus Cat Mascot: An informational meeting for those interested in trying out for the Wampus Cat Mascot will be Tuesday, April 24 at 3:20 in the old field house. Tryouts will be held the following Tuesday, May 1 at 3:30 in the old field house. A current physical is required for tryouts.
- Multicultural Festival: You are invited to the 8th Annual Multicultural Festival on April 28th starting at 10:00 am at CJHS. Participants will share world cultures through music, food, dance, art/crafts, and games. If you would like to participate, see any foreign language teacher in the Annex. For more information, contact Mrs. Grinder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ACT Boost Class: Conway Public Schools will offer an ACT Boost Class to increase student’s ACT scores. Cost: $35. Pick up and return registration forms to the counseling center. Deadline to return registration w/payment is May 1st. Parents will meet April 24 at 6:30 in the CHS Lecture Hall.
- Summer ACT/PSAT Program: CHS will offer an ACT Summer Program for students with a composite minimum of 24 or higher. The sessions will be July 30th - August 3rd. Also, there will be a PSAT Prep Program offered the same week. Registration forms available in the counseling center, deadline May 1st.
Parents will meet on April 24th for the PSAT at 6:00 and ACT at 6:30 in the CHS Lecture Hall.
- Cross Country Meeting: There will be a meeting at 3:30pm on May 2 in the Old Gym for any 10-11-12th graders interested in Cross Country. We will discuss the Summer Policy and Cross Country schedule.
- FINES & FEES --- SENIORS 2018: A list of fines and fees for seniors (2018) has been posted in senior English classes and on the window of the front office. It is preferred that school property be returned to the teacher who issued it; cafeteria charges paid to any cashier in the cafeteria; library charges paid to Ms. Masterton or Ms. Nguyen in the Media Center. All other fines may be paid to Mrs. Tracy Jones, Bookkeeper, from 8:00am - 12:30pm -or- 1:30pm - 4:00pm --- Monday through Friday.
- YEARBOOKS: Students, please check the list in the main lobby to make sure you have paid for your yearbook. This is the list teachers will have, and you won’t be let out of class on distribution day unless your name is on this list. Extras will be available after paid books are picked up and will be first come, first served.
- JUNIORS: Don’t forget to check the bulletin board in the Annex for your senior portrait appointment this summer. You can get more information and confirm or change your appointment time by going to prestigeportraits.com
- The last day to charge in the cafeteria this year will be Tuesday, May 1st. An alternate meal will be offered if you are over the charge limit. You may pay any cashier in the cafeteria. A list will be posted on the front window on May 2nd.