- CONGRATULATIONS to CHS Caring Cats for receiving the Special Olympic Spirit Award for 2017 and a special recognition for all of their volunteer efforts for the school year. Way to go Caring Cats!!!
- A BIG THANK YOU to Andrea Jones for all of her work with Special Olympics! Our Special Olympic teams are very lucky to have such a committed sponsor and coach! The countless hours you spend does not go unnoticed. Teachers and students be sure and tell Ms. Jones how much we appreciate all she does!!!
- Seniors will be able to pay fines and fees at a table in the lobby during both lunches. Ms. Wright and Ms. Jackson will be there to take fines and fees and mark your name off the list.
- Seniors: Caps and gowns will be distributed during 2nd and 3rd periods this Thursday in the Auditorium --- A-I during 2nd period and J-Z during 3rd period.
- Seniors: If you need a copy of your final transcript, test scores, and shot records sent to a college, university, vocational school, etc., please provide the info on the print-out on the table outside Mrs. Jones’ office. Please read the instructions and if you need help see Mrs. Jones.
- The following students will sign to play sports or cheer in college next year:
TODAY, April 25 at 3:30 pm in the Arena
Shak S. will sign to run Track at UCA
Wednesday, April 26 at 3:30 pm in the Arena
Travis O. will sign to play Basketball at Crowley’s Ridge
Wednesday, April 26 at 4:30 pm in the Arena
Victor G. will sign to Wrestle at Central Baptist College
- ASU Concurrent Credit: Any student who is interested in receiving Concurrent Credit from ASU-Beebe for Career Center courses: A representative from ASU-Beebe will be in the Career Center across from Mrs. Wells’ room on Wednesday, April 26th during both lunches. She will be here to help you register online, collect your money or pay online, and collect the signed forms for the Career Center concurrent credit courses. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Newman or Mrs. Lyon in the Career Center.
- FCA will meet in the Old Fieldhouse this week on Wednesday during both lunches.
- ACT Boost Course: Conway Public Schools is offering an ACT Boost class designed to increase student’s ACT scores. The cost of the class is $70. Registration forms are available in the counseling center. Please complete the form with payment and return to the counseling center by May 3rd, 2017.
- Paid yearbooks will be distributed Thursday, April 27:
(1) Seniors who have paid for their yearbook will pick them up in the Lecture Hall after they get their caps and gowns that morning,
(2) Juniors and sophomores will be called alphabetically from class starting 5th period. Teachers will have a list of paid students and a list is posted in the Annex Building hallway.
(3) Extra books will be sold before school from 7:45 - 8:10 and in between classes on Friday, April 28. The price is $60. You must have cash or check THAT DAY to purchase a book. Extras will be first come, first serve. We will not hold a book for you.
(4) Yearbook signing will be during both lunch periods in the courtyard on Friday, April 28.
First Lunch - students will have lunch and sign yearbooks from 10:59-11:57.
Second Lunch - students will have lunch and sign yearbooks from 11:34-12:37.
Fourth period classes will be cut short. A schedule of this event has been given to teachers.
- Students, please check the Fines and Fees List posted in your English Classes. Materials should be returned to the teacher that issued them; library fines pay to the library; and cafeteria charges pay to the cafeteria. All other fees are to be paid to Mrs. McConnell - attendance office.
- Best Buddies will be going to the Zoo this Thursday. Everyone must pay dues by the end of the day TODAY! You have to have your Caring Cat shirt on and wear your Best Buddies bracelet to go Thursday. Bring $6 for admission and money to eat at McDonalds.
- Best Buddies will be selling bracelets to raise money for chapter dues and to send 2 students to the national conference in Indiana this summer. Bracelets are $2 each – come by room 113 or see a Buddy to purchase one.