* There will be an Arkansas Governor’s School interest meeting TODAY during 1st lunch or after school in room 167. Come and find out information on applying and speak to last year’s attendees. You must attend a meeting in order to be nominated by the school.
* It’s not too late to order your yearbook at the lowest price. Go to www.jostensyearbooks.com or get a form in the annex hallway before the price goes up!
* Do you want to make a DIFFERENCE in your local community? Want to be part of a national movement across American? Learn to be a GREAT LEADER while MAKING A REAL IMPACT THROUGH Chick-fil-A Leader Academy. Join over 18,000 students in 600 other high schools nationwide in a leadership program focused on IMPACT THROUGH ACTION. The application deadline is TODAY, October 27. Be sure to get your applications in! Go to chickfilaleaderacademy.com/apply to APPLY NOW for a spot in Chick-fil-A Leader Academy in your school this year. JOIN THE MOVEMENT!!!
* Key Club will meet TODAY during both lunches in the Lecture Hall. This week’s speaker will be from Independent Living Services, sharing about what their organization does in the community and ways our students can be involved. Come hear about our upcoming Key Club Week in November that will be full of opportunities for service and fun!
* National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) is just around the corner. Join our group of fearless writers for a November you’ll never forget! Sign up and get freebies TODAY after school in room 157.
* The Young Democrats will meet on Tuesday, November 1st during 1st and 2nd lunches in room 263. The guest speaker will be Wefus Tyus, candidate for Faulkner County Sheriff. All are invited to attend.
* There will be a GSA meeting this Friday in room 208, T-shirts are in so be sure to attend and pick yours up!
* The annual Powder Puff game will be on Tuesday, November 15, sign up today in room 113.
* Culinary Arts 7th Annual Chili Dinner & Silent Auction – Proceeds go to the Litton Family
DATE: Friday, October 28, 2016 TIME: 5:30-7:00 (before the football game)
PLACE: Westside of the football stadium COST: $5 – buy tickets - Culinary Art Students
To go orders available, contact: Mrs. Park (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mrs. Bowers (email@example.com)
* The CHS Theatre Program will present a Festival on One-Act Plays. These plays will be directed by our very own Theatre III students! There are 13 different one-acts that have been broken into two groups. The festival dates are: Group A will perform on Thursday, November 3rd at 6:30 pm and Sunday, November 6th at 2:00 pm. Group B will perform on Saturday, November 5th at 1:00 pm and 6:30 pm. The festival is free and open to the public.
* FBLA and HOSA are sponsoring our annual fall Red Cross Blood Drive on Friday, November 4th. We will be competing against Cabot High School to see who can donate the most units! The first 25 people per class period who have turned in a signed permission form will be allowed to donate. Permission forms are due by October 31st. FBLA students will come to your study hall this week. If you don’t have a study hall but have a teacher that is willing to let you donate during his/her class period then come by room 901 in the Career Center for a form.
* Students, drugs are not like the monsters in your closet; they are real so we dedicate a day to bring awareness to the dangers of drugs. Monday, October 31st, during both lunches there will be a Red Ribbon Celebration in the courtyard. There will be activities such as Frisbee, volleyball and a dunking booth. For the dunking booth it is $1 per throw or a canned food item. You can also instantly dunk the participant for $5. Come enjoy good music, school spirit and drug awareness.
* ASU-Beebe will hold Preview Days on February 17 and April 7. Registration is required and the link is now open on the university website. Go to http://www.asub.edu/admissions/preview-day to register.
2300 Prince Street
Conway, AR 72034
(501) 450-4884 fax
Career and Technical
Clubs and Organizations
Course Catalog 2016-17
English Language Arts
HAC - Home Access Center
Student Handbook 2015-16