- OPEN HOUSE will be held from 5:00-7:00 tonight. Come out and visit teachers, see the campus, and get a feel of what we have going at CHS!
- 34th ANNUAL STEAK OUT AND VOLLEYBALL SHOWCASE:
Date: Saturday, August 19, 2017
Time: Starts at 12:00 PM
Cost: $3.00 per person
Volleyball games at Buzz Bolding Arena and football games at John McConnell Stadium.
All proceeds benefit the Wampus Cat Booster Club.
- Wrestling Tryouts: Anyone interested in joining the wrestling team needs to stop by Coach Rion’s room (311) between 3rd and 7th periods for more information about the team. All are welcome to join, and we are also in search of a couple of managers.
- Model UN: Do you like to debate and discuss world issues such as global terrorism, world poverty, nuclear weapons, child trafficking, and world economic and environmental problems, then Model United Nations may be for you. The first meeting of the CHS Model United Nations Club will be next Thursday, August 24th at 3:30 in Mr. Richardson’s room (265).
- CARING CAT KICK OFF IS MONDAY! Come eat free pizza and learn about a great club! Meet in the cafeteria – we will start promptly at 5:30 pm on Monday, August 21st. You can pick up application forms early in 113 or 258. Never let money keep you from being part of this club! Come talk to us.
- The CHS Chess and Board Game Club will begin meeting next week, August 23 in the Health Science lab after school. This club has an open invitation to any CHS student who wants to socialize while playing various board games. No experience necessary. For more information, see Ms. Busby in the Health Science building.
- Computer Lab hours: The computer lab room 157 (across from the main office) will be open every morning from 7:30 to 8:00 to use for academic purposes. Please enter the building from the courtyard.
- Key Club: Pick-up Key Club registration forms outside room 364 and plan on attending the first Key Club meeting on August 24th during both lunches in the Lecture Hall.
- Yearbook: Don’t miss out on this year’s best price for the 2018 Wampus Cat Yearbook. If you order online at www.jostensyearbooks.com or with Mrs. Bratton in Room 601, the price is discounted to $50, and you get 4 free icons with personalization. Order yours before the price goes up on September 29!!!
- Caring Cat forms are available in room 113 (Daniels) and room 258 (Bell). Everyone must complete a new form – even members from last year. We are a service learning club that welcomes everyone – please join us! Be listening for info about our kick off meeting!!!
- Library Hours: The library will open on Monday, August 21 for students.
- Student Council: Attention students interested in participating in Student Council: There will be a mandatory meeting Tuesday, August 22 during both lunches in the library.
- Swim/Dive: There will be a swim/dive parent and student meeting for anyone interested and also for those that are on the 2017-18 team. The meeting will be on Tuesday, August 29th in the lecture hall at Conway High School at 6:00 pm.
- Chick-fil-A Leader Academy: Do you want to make a DIFFERENCE in your local community? Want to be part of a national movement across America? Learn to be a GREAT LEADER while MAKING A REAL IMPACT through Chick-fil-A Leader Academy. Join over 18,000 students in 600 other high schools nationwide in a leadership program focused on IMPACT THROUGH ACTION. Go to chickfilaleaderacademy.com/apply to APPLY NOW for a spot in Chick-fil-A Leader Academy in your school this year. JOIN THE MOVEMENT! Last day to submit an application will be September 8, 2017. Spots are limited so get your application in! Please feel free to come to room 220 during either lunch to sign up; or room 314 during second lunch only.