- CONGRATULATIONS to the following FCCLA students for placing at District STAR Events on Wednesday:
Tony S. – Bronze in Career Investigation
Sarah Z. and Lauren F. – Silver in Interior Design
The following students also placed and will be advancing to State:
Chloe B. – Silver in Sports Nutrition
Chauncey R. – Silver in Early Childhood Education
Erin M. – Silver in Promote and Publicize
Brittany W. and Megan W. – Gold in Food Innovation
- Tonight the Lady Wampus Cat Basketball team will be having a Soup and Chili Supper night from 4-8pm. Cost: $5 dollars for soup/chili and a dessert. The Lady Wampus Cats will also be hosting the 2nd Annual Dandra Thomas Invitational Tournament this Thursday-Saturday. Come out and support the Lady Wampus Cats!
- GSA: There will be a GSA meeting today after school in Ms. Certain’s room (208). We will be making gingerbread houses so bring a bag of candy and join the fun!
- Yearbook: It’s not too late to order your yearbook before break. Hurry and order online at jostensyearbooks.com or bring $60 to Room 601 in the Annex building.
- ACT: Room assignments are posted for the December 10 ACT test. Be sure to check your room assignment before Saturday as testing begins promptly at 8:00 a.m. You cannot test without a photo ID AND a printed admission ticket. Rosters are posted in the first floor east hallway.
- FBLA is challenging anyone at CHS to come help with the packing of food at the Emergency Mobile Pack on Saturday, December 17 at the Expo Center. There are two shifts 10:30 to 12:30 and 1:30 to 3:30, come to room 900 in the Career Center to sign up or email Mrs. Hardee. They need over 1200 volunteers to work to feed the starving children in Haiti after all the horrible storms. Tacos For Life is the sponsor and any donations/help is greatly needed and appreciated. Thank you in advance for helping. We can do this CHS, we need your help!
- Chick-fil-a Leader Academy’s “Do Good December” Project: Please join us in collecting socks and blankets to donate to the Conway Human Development Center. The socks must be new and the blankets can be gently used or new. Collection boxes are placed around the school. Help us to make this a Christmas for the residents to remember!
- The National Honor Society is challenging Key Club and Beta Club to a canned food collection competition! The three organizations will collect non-perishable food for Bethlehem House from now until Wednesday, December 14. Collection boxes are located in your club sponsor’s classrooms. The winning group will receive a trophy to display for a whole year!
- ANGEL PAWS: Stop by Mrs. Daniels’ room (113) and choose a gift to buy for a child.
- Omega Men of Phi Mu Mu Graduate Chapter Annual Talent Search:
Apply online: https://drive.google.com/open?id=OBxCOkTuev9CEWXBMeVVqTllRbW8.
Deadline: Friday, December 16, 2016. You must be at least 14 years of age and enrolled in the 9th-10th-11th-or 12th grade. If you have any questions, see Officer Flowers.