- Blood Drive: You will receive your blood drive pass today. The pass will have your name, the period and the time you are to be released to the Med Science building. Look for the signs with arrows pointing you towards the Med Science building. Remember to drink plenty of water and eat foods high in protein. DO NOT FORGET A PHOTO ID when you come to donate (your student ID WILL work)! If you don’t have a photo ID then you will not be able to donate!
- Colby College will be here today in front of the counseling center to discuss general questions about the university. Come by and visit during your lunch.
- Did you know that November was Prematurity Awareness Month? Every year, an estimated 15 million babies are born preterm. FBLA is raising money for the March of Dimes. We will be collecting money during each 2nd period class. The class that raises the most money will be awarded with a DONUT party on November 18th. The money raised by our school will be used to support research and programs that help babies begin healthy lives. Thank you for your support!
- ACT Deadline: This Friday, November 4 (tomorrow) is the deadline to register for the December 10 ACT.
- The CHS Theatre Program will present a “Festival on One-Act Plays”. These plays will be directed by our very own Theatre III students! There are 13 different one-acts that have been broken into two groups. The festival is free and open to the public, the dates are:
Group A will perform tonight, November 3rd at 6:30 pm.
Group B will perform Saturday, November 5th at 1:00 pm.
Group B will perform Saturday, November 5th at 6:30 pm.
Group A will perform Sunday, November 6th at 2:00 pm.
- Spanish Tutoring: If you need help in your Spanish class, come to tutoring today in room 608 of the Annex Building. There will be another session on Tuesday of next week, November 8th in room 609 of the Annex Building.
- Spring Baseball: There will be an informational meeting for spring Baseball on Wednesday, November 9th at 4:00 at the baseball field. This is just a meeting for players not currently in a fall sport.
- All FBLA members will meet in the Lecture Hall on Monday, November 7 at 9:50 am. You will remain in there all of 3rd period. We will be taking roll. Wear your FBLA t-shirt Monday.
- Paracord Bracelets: Please purchase a paracord bracelet from Conway JROTC at lunch for $5, starting Monday, November 7th. All proceeds go to JROTC Cadet Funds. Please help and support our program.
- November 7-11 is Key Club International Week! To celebrate, CHS Key Club will conduct a book drive to replenish the bookshelves at Conway Cradle Care. Please bring your new or gently used children’s books to your English class. Books should appeal to preschool through 2nd grade children. The English teacher who collects the most books will win a nice gift basket of goodies for his/her students.
- BASKETBALL MADNESS on Monday, November 7th starting at 4:30 in the Buzz Bolding Arena. The Cheer and Dance teams will perform. Come and enter the drawing for a chance to win $500!!! Concessions and the Booster Store will be open. Admission: $3.00 per person.
- Seniors: UACCM will be here on Tuesday, November 15 to give the Accuplacer (replaces the Compass test). If you are interested in attending a community college and want to take this test, you may sign up by taking $15.00 cash or money order to Mrs. Bartholomew in the counseling center. There are limited seats available. Deadline to sign up is November 11 or when all seats are full.
- We have three athletic signings next week:
Maggie Evans - SAU on Wednesday, November 9 at 3:30 pm in the Arena.
Jacie Higgins - Arkansas Tech on Wednesday, November 9 at 3:30 pm in the Arena.
Lindsey Williams - Henderson State on Thursday, November 10 at 3:45 pm in the lobby at CHS.