- Model UN winners: Congratulations to the following students for their success at Monday’s Model UN conference in Little Rock. Winning Honorable Mention Best Position Paper awards were: Kiara B. and Alex K. Winning the best overall position papers in the Special Political Committee were: Olivia L. and Dallin M. Winning co-Honorable Mention best delegate awards in the Special Political Committee were: Ryan F. and Noah S. Winning the overall co-Best Delegate award World Health Organization were: Hadiyah C. and Andrea B. Winning the overall co-Best Delegate Awards in the Economic and Social Committee were: Mathias F. and Jaylon S. Winning the overall best delegate award in the Security Council Committee was: Elsa M. Congratulations to all students who competed!
- The Chinese Club will meet TODAY from 3:30-4:30 at CJHS room 2010. All are welcome!
- The Creative Writing Club will NOT meet today. Our next meeting will be October 6th.
- Attention HOSA Members: We will have our first meeting today at 3:30 in the health science lab. Refreshments will be served, HOSA t-shirts delivered and HOSA officers and new member installation.
- GSA: There will be a GSA meeting on Friday, September 30 in room 208.
- Step Team: If you would like to be a member of the step team, please turn in your $20 dues by Monday! Stop by Ms. Hunt’s room in the Career Center for more details.
- The PSAT, which is the qualifying test for the National Merit Scholarship Competition, will be given on the morning of October 19th. Juniors who are interested in taking the test may sign up in the counseling center. Cost is $15.00. The deadline to sign up is Wednesday, October 12.
- FBLA is having a Fish Fry fundraiser on Friday, September 30 before the Wampus Cat vs. NLR game. The Fish Fry is being catered by Adams Catfish Catering. Tickets are $12 and the event runs from 4:30-7:30 pm on the right side of the Arena where there is normally tailgating before the game. In case of rain the event will be moved to the cafeteria. FBLA members are currently selling tickets or you can contact Mrs. Collins, Mrs. Hardee, or Mrs. Wells in the Career Center.
- The Young Republicans will meet Tuesday, October 4 during both lunches to discuss volunteer opportunities and the upcoming elections on both federal and local levels. The meetings will be located in Ms. Mooney’s room 204, across from the Media Center. All are welcome to attend. Meetings are scheduled for the first and third Tuesday each month during both lunches.
- Conway FFA will be having a fundraiser on Tuesday, October 4 at Larry’s Pizza, come out and enjoy all the pizza you can eat and support our students!
- Key Club Recruitment drive will culminate next week with these exciting activities:
Monday – meet in Mrs. Reed’s room (364) during your lunch to make cards for Children’s Hospital. Then come out to Laurel Park at 4:00 for a kickball tournament – team sign-ups are outside room 364. Tuesday and Wednesday – can food drive to benefit Bethlehem House. Look for boxes in the lobby and outside room 364. Thursday – meet at Bob’s Grill at 6:30 for breakfast! Friday – Spirit Bus to the game in Cabot. Meet in front of the Arena at 5:30. Bring $10 to Mrs. Reed in room 364; first 50 get to ride so sign up now!
- Attention Key Club Members: Key Club is sponsoring a Spirit Bus to the Cabot game on October 7th. Bring $10 and sign up in Mrs. Reed’s room (364). You must be a Key Club member to sign up. After this week, any unsold seats will be open to the student body.
- Discover UALR is a FREE college preview day for juniors and seniors, including interactive sessions, campus activities hosted by student organizations, and plenty of UALR swag to go around. There will be a $1,000 scholarship drawing and an Instagram scholarship contest. It will be held on Friday, October 7 or Friday, October 28. RSVP at: ualr.edu/admissions/discover.
- HOCO Spirit Week: Students! Start preparing for the 2016 HOCO Spirit Week! Our dress up days will be from October 10-14. We hope everyone will participate! The days are as follows:
Monday 10/10: Training Day Off (Wear PJ’s to school)
Tuesday 10/11: United for a Cure (Wear Head-to-Toe Pink)
Wednesday 10/12: Team USA (Wear Patriotic Clothes/Colors)
Thursday 10/13: Olympic Match Day (Wear matching clothes with your friends)
Friday 10/14: Blue/White Day (Wear clothes with Wampus Cat Pride)