- CONGRATULATIONS to these eight Conway High School Choir students for earning a spot in the All-State Choir: Briya A., Epi T., Asher O., Austin H., Alex W., Benjamin C., Stephen W., and Alec B. They will attend the All-State Music Conference February 15-17 in Hot Springs.
- Elevator Use: This is just a reminder that students are not to ride the elevator without an elevator pass from the nurse or a principal.
- Student Council will meet today during both lunches in the media center to discuss prom. Make plans to attend.
- Key Club meeting today during lunch - come hear about “The Chase Race” and other volunteer opportunities.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet tomorrow from 3:30-4:00 p.m. in Mrs. Cochran’s room (116). All are welcome!
- National Spanish Honorary: This Friday, February 9th is the last day to pay $5.00 membership dues for National Spanish Honorary. See Mrs. Zabala in room 608 of the Annex Building.
- Best Buddies will host a Valentine’s dinner on February 13th in the cafeteria at 5 pm. Peer buddies and associate buddies, please sign up on the “group me” to attend no later than today.
- Carnation Sale: FCCLA will be selling carnations until February 12th during both lunches. Buy your favorite person a carnation to be delivered 6th period on Valentine’s Day! Cost: $2.00 each
- Attention sophomores and juniors, are you interested in a future career in nutrition? Next fall CHS will be adding a new program of study called Advanced Nutrition/Dietetics. This program will include three year long courses: Food Safety & Nutrition; Chemistry of Food; Advanced Nutrition/Dietetics. Mrs. Tell will have an information meeting on Friday, February 9th during both lunches in Room 909 in the Career Center, please attend.
- ACT rosters for this Saturday’s ACT test are posted in the first floor east hallway. You must have a school ID or acceptable plastic photo ID or you will not be allowed to test. Be sure to check your room assignment as testing will begin promptly at 8:00 a.m.
- Key Club game night Monday February 12th from 5-7 come have fun with fellow Key Club members. Sign up outside room 364, snacks provided.
- CLASS of 2018! Senior shirts are in! Take $15 to Mrs. Chapman in the Career Center room 907 and get your shirt. There are only a few shirts left!
- Attention all juniors who have a career focus! Now is the time to apply to the CHS Internship Program! If you qualify, you will be able to leave school during the day to go to work and earn money as well as two credits for school! For an application, ask any Career Center teacher, or Mrs. Melanie Bell, Internship Coordinator. The deadline to apply is February 15, 2018.
- Yearbook: Time is running out to order your 2018 CHS yearbook. The only way to make sure you get a yearbook is to order online at www.jostensyearbooks.com or bring $60 to Room 601. Don’t be left out this spring. Order yours today! Deadline is February 15, 2018.
- ELPA Testing will take place February 12 and February 14 for Group B. If you are testing, please coordinate with your classroom teachers. Testing will take place during morning classes. The library will be closed in the morning and at lunch on test days.
- Summer Work: If you are interested in applying for the Conway Public Schools Maintenance Department Summer Work Program, applications are available in the counseling center or at the front desk at CHS. Return applications to the CHS front desk on or before Thursday, February 15, 2018.
- Juniors and Seniors: A representatives will be at CHS during both lunches in front of the Counseling Center:
- Shorter College…………………. ………………TODAY
- University of Central Arkansas………………….Monday, February 12, 2018
- University of Arkansas – Little Rock……………Tuesday, February 13, 2018
- William Woods University – Fulton, MO ………Tuesday, March 13, 2018
- Shorter College…………………. ………………TODAY
2300 Prince Street
Conway, AR 72034
(501) 450-4884 fax
Career and Technical
Clubs and Organizations
English Language Arts
HAC - Home Access Center