- ACT Deadline: This Friday, November 4, is the deadline to register for the December 10 ACT.
- Best Buddies will have a “Reveal Party” TODAY in the Buzz Bolding Arena Hospitality Room. The theme is “Luau” so dress in your coolest Hawaiian outfit! Peer Buddies will find out the name of the Buddy they have been paired with during the party. Only those Caring Cats that have committed to being a Peer Buddy for the year will be excused from 11:00-12:30. Bring an appetizer if you can to share with everyone. Also, we would like to give a big, huge, gigantic, thank you to Kylee French for all of her hard work on this fantastic venture.
- The Young Republicans will meet TODAY in Ms. Mooney’s room across from the media center to discuss the current election cycle and volunteer opportunities.
- Blood Drive: TODAY is the last day to turn in blood drive forms to Mrs. Collins, Room 901, in the Career Center. Right now we have OVER 100 Conway High students and staff signed up to donate! WAY TO GO! Remember our goal is to beat Cabot High School so let’s finish the day strong! We will deliver passes Thursday with your donation time so make sure you are present. Be sure you are drinking plenty of water and eating foods high in protein such as chicken, fish, beef, and green leafy vegetables. LET’S BRING HOME THE TROPHY Conway!!!
- One-Act Plays: The CHS Theatre Program will present a “Festival on One-Act Plays”. These plays will be directed by our very own Theatre III students! There are 13 different one-acts that have been broken into two groups. The festival is free and open to the public, the dates are:
Group A will perform Thursday, November 3rd at 6:30 pm.
Group B will perform Saturday, November 5th at 1:00 pm.
Group B will perform Saturday, November 5th at 6:30 pm.
Group A will perform Sunday, November 6th at 2:00 pm.
- Spanish Tutoring: If you need help in your Spanish class, come to tutoring this Thursday, November 3rd in room 608 of the Annex Building. There will be another session on Tuesday of next week, November 8th in room 609 of the Annex Building.
- Paracord Bracelets: Please purchase a paracord bracelet from Conway JROTC at lunch for $5, starting Monday, November 7th. All proceeds go to JROTC Cadet Funds. Please help and support our program.
- November 7-11 is Key Club International Week! To celebrate, CHS Key Club will conduct a book drive to replenish the bookshelves at Conway Cradle Care. Please bring your new or gently used children’s books to your English class. Books should appeal to preschool through 2nd grade children. The English teacher who collects the most books will win a nice gift basket of goodies for his/her students.
- Did you know that November was Prematurity Awareness Month? Every year, an estimated 15 million babies are born preterm. FBLA is raising money for the March of Dimes. We will be collecting money during each 2nd period class. The class that raises the most money will be awarded with a DONUT party on November 18th. The money raised by our school will be used to support research and programs that help babies begin healthy lives. Thank you for your support!
- Seniors: UACCM will be here on Tuesday, November 15 to give the Accuplacer (replaces the Compass test). If you are interested in attending a community college and want to take this test, you may sign up by taking $15.00 cash or money order to Mrs. Bartholomew in the counseling center. There are limited seats available. Deadline to sign up is November 11 or when all seats are full.
- Spring Baseball: There will be an informational meeting for spring Baseball on Wednesday, November 9th at 4:00 at the baseball field. This is just a meeting for players not currently in a fall sport.
- Maggie Evans will sign with Southern Arkansas University on Wednesday, November 9th. Her signing will take place at 3:30 pm in the Buzz Bolding Arena.
- Jacie Higgins will sign with Arkansas Tech on Wednesday, November 9th. Her signing will take place at 3:30 pm in the Buzz Bolding Arena.
- Lindsey Williams will sign with Henderson State on Thursday, November 10th. Her signing will take place at 3:45 pm in the Conway High School lobby.