- Imagine Paul Mitchell Partner School will be set up in front of the counseling center during lunch today. If you are interested in being a professional in the beauty industry then stop by and see them to discuss opportunities, preview days, class schedules, requirements and answer financial aid questions.
- Unashamed FCS will meet in room 255 today during 1st lunch and in room 900 during 2nd lunch. If you ordered a t-shirt, please bring your money to Mrs. Dunn in room 255.
- Pink Night: The Volleyball team will be hosting their 8th annual Pink Night on Tuesday, October 11th. They will take on the Lady Tigers from Central starting at 5:00. Admission to the match is $1 if you wear something pink. We are raising money for Tina MacNamara, who is battling stage 4 breast cancer. The volleyball, dance, and cheer teams will be selling pink beads for $1 Monday and Tuesday. There will be $20 gas cards given to 5 lucky students if you are caught wearing your beads Tuesday. Come out and support the Lady Cats and Tina’s fight.
- National Honor Society: Students receiving pre-selection invitations to the Conway High School chapter of the National Honor Society, please note that the invitation states the deadline to return completed applications to Mrs. Griffith is Friday, October 7. However, due to a delay in the distribution of the invitations, the deadline has been extended to Monday, October 10. If you can return them by Friday, that will be appreciated; however, if you need until Monday, then you can return them on the 10th.
- FCCLA Star Events participants make sure you pay your $10 fee today. First Star Events work day is October 12 at 3:15 in room 914.
- Ecofest: Are you interested in saving the environment, having a lot of fun, or just need some service hours? Come out to the 8th annual Ecofest this Saturday at Laurel Park and join Key Club as we volunteer to help make this event possible! Sign up and pick up a volunteer waiver (if you’re under 18) at the table outside room 364.
- This week is National Yearbook Week. You can still order your yearbook for $50 by going to www.jostensyearbooks.com. Order online today and Jostens will enter you in a drawing to win one of 4 Go-Pro cameras they are giving away to celebrate.
- Swim Team: If you are interested in trying out for the high school swim team, you must be in 9th grade through the 12th. Tryouts will be October 12th at UCA hyper Center right after school.
- School Pictures: Make-up pictures are scheduled for Monday, October 17.
- PSAT: Don’t forget that there are only a few more days to sign up for the PSAT. The PSAT, which is the qualifying test for the National Merit Scholarship Competition, will be given on the morning of October 19th. Juniors who are interested in taking the test may sign up in the counseling center. Cost is $15.00. The deadline to sign up is Wednesday, October 12.
- CHS 2016 Homecoming “Going for the Gold”!!!
Homecoming tickets will be sold in the cafeteria Monday, October 10 - Friday, October 14. Tickets are $15/each. No tickets will be sold after 12:30 Friday, October 14. Out-of-school date forms can be picked up in the front office. Anyone taking a non-CHS student must get one of these forms filled out, signed and returned to the front office by Thursday, October 13.
- Key Club Members: Sign up for Key Leader weekend being held at Camp Tanako outside Hot Springs on November 4-6. Key Leader is a weekend leadership program to help develop today’s young leaders. Deadline to sign up is October 14, cost is $75.
- CHS 2016 Homecoming - Spirit Week! Dress up days will be October 10 through 14.
Monday 10/10……… Training Day Off (Wear PJ’s to school)
Tuesday 10/11……… United for a Cure (Wear Head-to-Toe Pink)
Wednesday 10/12…... Team USA (Wear Patriotic Clothes/Colors)
Thursday 10/13……...Olympic Match Day (Wear matching clothes with your fiends)
Friday 10/14…………Blue/White Day (Wear clothes with Wampus Cat Pride)