- London/Paris 2018: Have you always wanted to travel? Now is your chance to start planning! We will be going to London, Canterbury, Normandy, St. Malo, Versailles, and Paris during the summer of 2018. For more information, go to http://www.eftours.com/tour-website/1924472xa or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CONGRATULATIONS to the CHS Forensics and Debate team for bringing home numerous awards from the Mills University Studies High School Forensics and Debate Tournament. We were the 1st place team and we brought home 9 individual awards and 15 state tournament qualifications. Individual awards were: Hadiyah C. (Champion novice IPDA debate, 4th place debate speaker, and 1st place domestic extemporaneous speaking); Abby D. (2nd place novice IPDA debate); Katelin R. (5th place varsity debate speaker); Joniya F. (1st place poetry interpretation); Daniela S. (3rd place poetry interpretation); Reilly M. (2nd place prose interpretation); Noah S. (3rd place prose interpretation).
- CONGRATULATIONS to band students Rachel I., Brent F., Kyra G., Robin M., Anne S., Alise H., Alister B. and Sam R. for being selected for the UCA Honors Wind Ensemble! There were over 110 applications for 51 positions from around the state and Conway placed 8 students, the highest number from any one school!
- CONGRATULATIONS to the girls cross country team – conference champions. Their state tournament is Saturday, November 12th in Hot Springs.
- ACT Deadline: Today is the deadline to register for the December 10 ACT.
- Blood Drive: Don’t forget to bring a Photo ID with you to the blood drive today. Be sure you are drinking plenty of water.
- Unashamed FCS will meet today 1st Lunch - Room 255 and 2nd Lunch - Room 900 in the Career Center. Please remember to bring your T-shirt money.
- One-Act Plays: The CHS Theatre Program presents Festival on One-Act Plays. Admission is free. Group B will perform Saturday, November 5th at 1:00 pm and again at 6:30 p.m. Group A will perform Sunday, November 6th at 2:00 p.m.
- All FBLA members will meet in the Lecture Hall on Monday, November 7 at 9:50 am. You will remain in there all of 3rd period. We will be taking roll. Wear your FBLA t-shirt Monday.
- BASKETBALL MADNESS on Monday, November 7th starting at 4:30 in the Buzz Bolding Arena. The Cheer and Dance teams will perform. Come and enter the drawing for a chance to win $500!!! Concessions and the Booster Store will be open. Admission: $3.00 per person.
- Attention Seniors: UACCM will be here to give the Accuplacer test (replaces the Compass test) on Tuesday, November 15. To sign up, bring $15 (cash or money order made payable to UACCM) to Mrs. Bartholomew in the counseling center. Deadline to sign up is November 11.
- Paracord Bracelets: Starting Monday, November 7 you may purchase a paracord bracelet from JROTC during lunch for $5.00. All proceeds go to the JROTC Cadet fund. Please support our program!
- Spanish Tutoring: If you need help in your Spanish class, come to tutoring on Tuesday, November 8th in room 609 of the Annex Building.
- Softball: Any NEW (grades 9-12) students to Conway who would like to try out for softball should see Coach Hickey for an information meeting on November 9th at 4:00 at the softball field.
- Athletic Signings: We have three athletic signings next week:
Maggie Evans - SAU on Wednesday, November 9 at 3:30 pm in the Arena.
Jacie Higgins - Arkansas Tech on Wednesday, November 9 at 3:30 pm in the Arena.
Lindsey Williams - Henderson State on Thursday, November 10 at 3:45 pm in the lobby at CHS.
- Baseball: There will be an informational meeting for spring Baseball on Wednesday, November 9th at 4:00 at the baseball field. This is just a meeting for players not currently in a fall sport.
- Bowling: There will be an informational meeting for the upcoming CHS Bowling Team on Thursday, November 10th. The meeting will take place at the CJHS South Gym at 6:30 p.m.
- Did you know that 1 in 10 US babies are born preterm and premature birth is the #1 killer of newborns? The March of Dimes baby bottle collection is underway and we want to say thank you to all those who have donated. Keep it up! The top 3 classes are study hall with $51.22, Ms. Ezell with $45.35, and Mrs. Alye Bell with $42.25. Every penny donated can help, so please continue your support for this awesome organization.
- Key Club: To celebrate Key Club International Week (November 7-11), Key Club will conduct a book drive to replenish the bookshelves at Conway Cradle Care. Please bring your new or gently used children’s books to your English class. Books should appeal to preschool through 2nd grade children. The English teacher who collects the most books will win a nice gift basket of goodies for his/her students.