- The results from Saturday’s Wrestling Tournament at Little Rock - Central: CHS placed 2nd in the varsity rankings against 20 teams overall. Individual Varsity medalists were: Darius G. 3rd; Karlton H. 1st; Dylan W. 2nd; Tyrell G. 3rd; and Donald J. 1st. JV individual medalists were: Kevin R. 4th; Clay P. 4th; Giovanni K. 2nd; Quentin T. 3rd; Jesse G. 4th; Logan A. 2nd, and Gavin M. 1st. It was a great first tournament. Our students worked hard and showed a tremendous amount of heart both in victory and defeat. CONGRATULATIONS!
- CONGRATULATIONS to the CHS Forensics and Debate teams for their performances at the North Little Rock High School tournament! As a team, they brought home 3rd place in the large team division. The Words and Music team brought home 1st place for their performance of “On My Way” from the musical Violet. Winning individual awards and qualifying for the state Tournament of Champions were: Reilly M. 1st place prose interpretation; Cooper T. 4th place poetry interpretations; Cooper T. and Dawson B. 6th place duo inprov acting, and Katelin R. 4th place Congressional Debate. Making it to semifinals and qualifying for the state tournament were: Tanvir M., Neely C., Savannah R., Joniya F., Kiara B., and Sylvester J.
- Young Feminist Alliance will meet in Mr. Williams’ room (262) during both lunches today.
- Show your team spirit by joining us for a fundraiser to support Conway High Key Club. Come to Chipotle at 915 East Oak Street today between 4:00 pm and 9:00 pm. Tell the cashier you’re supporting Key Club and 50% of the proceeds will be donated to CHS Key Club.
- The Conway Police Department Explorers will meet today at 6:00 p.m. at Hog Wild in Conway to have their Christmas gathering and celebration.
- A representative from the University of Central will be here today in front of the counseling center to discuss general questions about the university. Come by and visit during your lunch.
- A challenge has been made! The National Honor Society is challenging Key Club and Beta Club to a canned food collection competition! These three organizations will be collecting non- perishable food for the Bethlehem House Wednesday, December 7 through Wednesday, December 14. Collection boxes will be located in your club sponsor’s classrooms. The winning group will receive a beautiful trophy to display for a whole year! Let’s have a great competition and collect much needed food items for people in our community. So, on your mark, get set, COLLECT!
- Girls track will have an informational meeting for anyone interested in track this spring this Wednesday at 3:15 in the old gym room 501. Any questions or conflicts see Coach Hughes.
- Auditions for Conway High School’s production of “Mary Poppins” will be this Wednesday. If interested in auditioning and need an audition packet, see Mr. Spiridigliozzi (Room A-104).
- Boys track will have an informational meeting for anyone interested in track this Thursday at 3:30 in the old gym. Any questions should be directed to Coach Kennedy.
- Key Club will meet Thursday during both lunches in the Lecture Hall. Come out to hear about our recent Key Leader retreat and upcoming plans for service and social activities.
- There will be a GSA meeting this Friday, December 9th after school in Ms. Certain’s room (208). We will be making gingerbread houses so bring a bag of candy and join the fun!
- Room assignments are posted for the December 10 ACT test. Be sure to check your room assignment before Saturday as testing begins promptly at 8:00 a.m. You cannot test without a photo ID AND a printed admission ticket. Rosters are posted in the first floor east hallway.
- Get Into The Christmas Spirit! Bring stocking stuffers for students in our school district that need our help! Drop off items in Mrs. Daniels’ (1st floor) or Mrs. Bell’s (2nd floor) room.
Wednesday, December 7th – Santa Hat Day! – Bring a toboggan/beanie or gloves.
Thursday, December 8th – Ugly Christmas Sweater Day! – Bring toothpaste and toothbrushes.
- ANGEL PAWS: Stop by Mrs. Daniels’ room (113) and choose a gift to buy for a child. We have gift requests for items as low as $1.00 and up.
- Omega Men of Phi Mu Mu Graduate Chapter Annual Talent Search: Auditions will be on Saturday, January 7, 2017 at 9:00 am at the Silas Snow Fine Arts Center at UCA. Categories are Vocal, Dance, Drama, Instrumental, and Visual Arts. Cash Prize - 1st Place $500; 2nd Place $300; 3rd Place $200. Deadline - Applications must be received by Friday, December 16, 2016. You must be a high school student, at least 14 years of age and enrolled in the 9th-10th-11th-or 12th grade. Any questions see Officer Flowers. Return to: PhiMusquared@yahoo.com.
Apply online: https://drive.google.com/open?id=OBxCOkTuev9CEWXBMeVVqTllRbW8 .