- The Conway Bands Spring Dinner and Auction featuring the Conway Jazz Bands will be held in the high school cafeteria tonight from 6-8 p.m. Tickets are $5.00 for all band students and children under 12, and $7 for adults.
- Athletes who will be signing this week to play college sports:
Today, April 13th at 3:30 pm at the Buzz Bolding Arena
Kendarious S. will sign to play basketball at Ouachita Baptist University
Junior W. will sign to play basketball at Olive Harvey College
Friday, April 14th at 3:30 pm at the Buzz Bolding Arena
Lauren C. will sign to run track at the University of Arkansas
- Key Club will meet today in the Lecture Hall during both lunches. Come hear about our end of the year activities and bring art supplies for our drive to help Camp Aldersgate. Also sign up to help with the Mary Jane Moix Memorial 5K run/walk on Saturday, April 29th.
- Crochet: Today meet in Mrs. Jevicky’s room (163) during 2nd lunch to learn to crochet.
- There will be a GSA meeting in room 208 at 3:30 this Friday.
- SENIORS: To request that a copy of your final transcript, test scores, and shot records be sent to a college, university, vocational school, NCAA Clearinghouse, etc., please provide the information on the print-out on the table outside Mrs. Jones’ office. Please read the instructions; if you need help or have questions, see Mrs. Jones, Registrar. Remember, if you had a seven (7) semester transcript mailed earlier to an institute of higher learning, they will need a final copy.
- Clothes Donations: Do you or any of your family members have unused or old clothing that may be out of style, boring or is not their taste? Well, senior student Amber G. is collecting clothing to donate to UCA, our school’s clothing closet and local homeless shelters. To help out with this wonderful cause take all clothing to Ms. Hunt’s classroom (907) in the Career Center.
- The Young Democrats will meet next Tuesday, April 18th at 3:30 in room 263.
- Seniors: Friday is the last day to check out books and all senior books out must be returned to the media center by April 21. All 10th and 11th grade library books must be turned in by May 5th. Stop in the media center to check for fines/overdue books. These must be taken care of ASAP.
- Do you know about BEST BUDDIES? It is a great organization that connects students with special needs and those without a disability, to create lifelong friendships. This Friday Best Buddies will be selling smoothies from Smoothie King during both lunches for $3.00. You can support a great cause with a cool treat!
- On Saturday, April 22nd at 8:30 am, Best Buddies will sponsor a FRIENDSHIP WALK. Just buy a Best Buddies bracelet for $2.00, show up at the CHS track at 8:30 am and walk with this amazing group. Walkers will lead athletes participating in Special Olympics Track and Field in the opening ceremonies. Following the walk stay and watch a great Special Olympic event before heading over to the auditorium for the musical – MARY POPPINS!!!
- FFA Plant Sale: Monday through Friday from 8:30 to 4:30 and Saturday from 9:00 to 3:00.
We have a large assortment of ferns, tomatoes and strawberries, as well as many other plants!
- Volleyball Tryouts: Anyone interested in trying out for the 2017-2018 Lady Cat Volleyball Team (grades 10-12) and does not have first period off-season should pick-up paperwork from Coach Crow on Tuesday, April 18th from 3:15-4:00 in the Arena.
- Key Club is sponsoring an Art Supply Drive to benefit Camp Aldersgate. The drive will run through Friday, April 14. Place donations in the box outside room 364.
- Golf Tryouts: There will be an informational meeting Wednesday, April 19th at 3:30 at the Junior High and Thursday, April 20th at 3:30 in the Arena for anyone interested in trying out for the 2017-2018 Wampus Cat Golf Team. Golf tryouts are tentatively set for the week of April 24-28.