- Caring Cats Officers: CONGRATULATIONS to these Caring Cats for being elected officers!
Presidents – Kylee and Maddie
Vice Presidents – Miller and Emily
Events Coordinators – Katie, Marley and Kathryn
Special Olympic Coordinators are Blake and Wilson
Birthday Book Chairpeople – Berris and Will
Community Outreach – Hannah Grace and Kathryn
10th Grade Class Representatives are Reed, Kenly and Sara
11th Grade Class Representatives are Hunter and Hannia
12th Grade Class Representatives are Alyssa, Kennedi and Luis
- Join FCCLA! Stop by Mrs. Bishop’s or Mrs. Matthew’s room to get your application today! Pay your dues today – this is the last day! Come to our FREE ice cream social.
- School pictures will be taken through English classes Tuesday, September 5 in the auditorium. Order information will be going out through English teachers.
- CHS Young Democrats: There will be an informational meeting for the CHS Young Democrats on Tuesday, September 5th during both lunches in Room 263. Come join the Young Democrats as we discuss our plans for the year, such as the guest speakers, outreach ideas, and community involvement this year. Make plans to bring your lunch and be there as we prepare for an amazing year.
- 2019 Europe Trip: In June of 2019 CHS and CJHS will offer students the opportunity to travel to Europe for an educational experience. In conjunction with EF Educational Tours, Mr. Wahlquist will be taking a group of students and adults on a 2 week historical tour highlighting World War II and the 75th Anniversary of D-Day. Interested parents, students and teachers should attend the meeting on Tuesday, September 5th at 7:00 pm at CHS in room 603 for more information.
- 2018 Europe Trip: Have you ever wanted to travel to Europe? Next summer in June of 2018, a group of teachers, parents and students will be taking an incredible trip to London, Normandy, Paris and Amsterdam! Due to the overwhelming response we have had, we have decided to open up a few more spots on the trip. Interested parents, students and teachers should plan to attend our last informational meeting on Tuesday, September 26 from 6-7 to receive important information on the trip itinerary, cost and trip dates. The meeting will be in Mrs. Brown’s room #2007 at CJHS. You may enter through the doors to the English hall on the corner of Prince and Mitchell.
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes will meet during both lunches at the Old Fieldhouse on Wednesday, September 6.
- Chi Sigma is an organization that pushes you to thrive and be great. If you are interested in a group that supports each other and participates in dance and step then come to our information meeting on Thursday, September 7 at the Career Center in room 907 at 3:30 pm.
- French Club registration is open now through September 7. Any student who is currently enrolled in French, has studied at least one year of French, was inducted into French Honorary, or is a native speaker of French are invited to participate. The club will have regular meetings and special events throughout the year to discover more about the French-speaking cultures of the world. Our first meeting will be held Thursday, September 7 at 3:30 pm.
- Yale: A representative from Yale will be at Episcopal Collegiate School, 1701 Cantrell Road in Little Rock, on Tuesday, September 19 at 7:00 pm to discuss their academic programs, residential colleges and campus life, admissions, and financial aid. If you are interested in attending you must register at http://apps.admissions.yale.edu/register/littlerock.
- Conway Corp Essay and Video Contest - Show us how your life is Powered by Conway Corp! The essay and video contest is open to students 5th-12th grade in the Conway Corp service area. Students should submit a typed essay of 500 to 1,000 words or a digital video between 30 seconds and two minutes on the 2017 contest theme, “My Life, Powered by Conway Corp”. Essay entries will be judged on content and syntax. Video entries will be judged on creativity and production. Winning essays and videos will be featured in October during Public Power Week. Cash prizes and trophies will be awarded for first, second and third place winners in two age categories: 5th-7th grade and 8th-12th grade. Grade 8-12 prizes: $150 first place, $100 second place and $75 third place. Entries should be submitted to participating teachers or postmarked to Conway Corp – P.O. Box 99 – Conway, AR 72033 by Friday, September 15.
For more information visit https://www.conwaycorp.com/EnergySmartContest.
- College Info: The Division of Outreach & Community Engagement at UCA will present “Know Before You Go.” The “Costs of College Workshop” on September 16 and October 13. This workshop is geared toward the parents of high school students who are looking to further their education not just at UCA, but any institution of higher learning. For more information and to register, go to http://uca.edu/admissions/know-before-you-go/.
- FBLA: Elevate your Future by joining Conway High School FBLA. Every accomplishment begins with the decision to try – try out Future Business Leaders of America and learn about Skills, Thrills, and Dollar Bills! See Mrs. Collins, Mrs. Hardee or Mrs. Wells in the Career Center about joining. Today this school – tomorrow the WORLD!
- High School Essay Contest: The Phi Mu Mu, Beta Delta and Alpha Delta Theta Chapters of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., are pleased to announce its annual High School Essay Contest for 2017. This contest is conducted on an annual basis in conjunction with our National Achievement Week observance. This year we will award scholarships to worthy college bound students in our local community in need of financial assistance to attend college. The 1st place winner will have his/her essay forwarded for the State contest. Contest Awards: 1st Place - $750 Scholarship; 2nd Place - $500 Scholarship; and 3rd Place - $250 Scholarship. The Essay Contest is open to all college-bound, Faulkner county high school seniors. Contest closes September 15, 2017 – entry must be emailed no later than midnight September 15, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Essay Title: “What actions can you take to promote social justice and embrace diversity of all people”? See Officer Flowers at CHS for applications and/or questions.
- Representatives will be on campus during both lunches in front of the Counseling Center to provide information and answer questions on the following dates, come by and visit at lunch.
- U.S. Air Force Tuesday, September 12, 2017
- Salon Professional Academy Tuesday, September 12, 2017
- University of Central Arkansas Monday, September 18, 2017
- Oklahoma State University Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- University of Arkansas – Little Rock Thursday, October 5, 2017
- Henderson State University Thursday, October 19, 2017
- Hendrix College Monday, October 23, 2017
- Lyon College Wednesday, October 25, 2017
- U.S. Air Force Tuesday, September 12, 2017