- CONGRATULATIONS to our 2016 Homecoming maids, our 2016 Homecoming Maid of Honor – Sophia Toney and our 2016 Homecoming Queen – Ebony Day!!!
A special thanks to the Student Council for hosting an amazing week of homecoming fun!
- Thank you to Caring Cats and DBS for volunteering at the Cross Country meet on Saturday. Your help was greatly appreciated. Coach Rion and Coach Worlow
Top runners for the senior boys this weekend were: Jonah Willis placed 20th, Cade Griffith was 29th and Brandon Hutchins was 30th. Top runners for the senior girls this weekend: Lauren Campbell placed 6th, Avery Tribett placed 7th, Kate Freyaldenhoven was 8th.
- The Conway Volleyball Team will host Bryant tonight in the Arena. The Lady Cat seniors will be honored before the varsity match and play their last home match of 2016. Come out and support the Lady Cats and their quest to maintain 1st place in the Central Conference. JV will start at 5:00, the seniors Ceremony will take place at 5:45, and the Step Team will perform at intermission of the varsity match. Go Lady Cats Go!!!
- The media center will be closed all day today, due to faculty meetings. It will also be closed Wednesday, October 19, 1st through 4th periods.
- The Chinese Club will host a Tai Chi demonstration today from 3:30-4:30 at the Conway High School cafeteria. Please join us in this FREE event.
- Caring Cats will meet today during both lunches in the lecture hall. Wear Caring Cat shirts and bring your lunch. Lots going on so everyone MUST attend!
- The Young Democrats will meet today during both lunches in room 263, to discuss upcoming events. The guest speaker will be Kathryn Spinks, candidate for Justice of the Peace. All are welcome to attend.
- The Young Republicans will meet in room 204 across from the media center today during both lunches. All are welcome to attend.
- Spanish Tutoring: If you need help bringing up your Spanish grade, tutoring is being offered today in room 608 in the Annex Building.
- Did you know that 1 out of 4 students will be bullied this year? This might be happening to someone you know and care about. Unite with others and show that you care by wearing ORANGE tomorrow, October 19th. Make it ORANGE and make it end!
- PSAT: All 10th grade students will be taking the PSAT this Wednesday during the first four periods of the day. Please bring #2 pencils for the test and a calculator if you want to use one on the test. The school will not be providing those for students. Look for room locations to be posted in the 10th grade English hallway. This is also a reminder to Juniors who signed up to take the test, you will be reporting to the arena on the morning of the test at 8:00. The PSAT will be administered on the West wing (10th grade English hallway) and the entire 2nd floor. Non-testing students will need to avoid this area during class changes. All non-testing faculty and students will eat first lunch, and all testing students will eat second lunch on the day of the test.
- FCA will meet both lunches on Wednesday in the Field House. All students are welcome.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet this Thursday from 3:30 to 4:00 pm in Mrs. Cochran’s room (116).
- ACT room assignments for the Saturday, October 22 test are posted in the first floor East hallway. Know your room number BEFORE the test day as testing starts promptly at 8:00 AM. You will not be allowed to test without a plastic photo ID and printed admission ticket.
- The Philosophy Club will meet after school this Wednesday in room 157. We will be electing officers, planning events, and changing the world one argument at a time. Join us!
- Flu Clinic: The Faulkner County Health Unit will be having a school mass flu clinic this Wednesday, from 4:00 pm-7:00 pm in the Conway High School cafeteria this year for Conway Public School students and staff only. Consent forms are available online at: https://adhschoolfluprereg.arkansas.gov/ -OR- you may pick one up from the school nurse. Spanish copies are also available.
- Unashamed FCS members, please remember to stop by and to pay for and pick-up t-shirts. If you have any questions, stop by and see Mrs. Dunn in room 255 or email Mrs. Dunn.
- The annual Powder Puff game will be on Tuesday, November 15. The Senior Cat girls will take on the sophomore and junior Caring Cat girls in a football game at John McConnell Stadium at 6:00 pm. Players must be members in good standing, so sign up today in room 113.