- CONGRATULATIONS to the CHS Women’s Chorus – they are the 2017 7A State Champions. They won top female chorus and top OVERALL choir in the state at the State Choir contest this past Friday in Searcy. The CHS Camerata Singers came away placing 2nd in the state for 7A Large Mixed Chorus. Great Job! Be sure to congratulate these amazing groups for their hard earned success.
- CONGRATULATIONS to the CHS Orchestra on their performance in Dallas last week! The orchestra received all superior ratings as well as the Outstanding Orchestra trophy in the 5A category and was the Overall Outstanding Performance for the weekend at the Eisemann Center Performance Hall! Great Job!!!
- Candy Grams: Today is the last day to purchase your candy grams. Stop by room 255 to purchase one before or after school or during both lunches. They will be delivered this Friday to the 6th period teachers.
- Athletes who will be signing this week to play collegiate sports:
Wednesday, April 12th at 3:30 pm at the Buzz Bolding Arena
Fu’tra B. will sign to play basketball at Louisiana State University
Eryka L. will sign to play basketball at Southwestern College
Savannah L. will sign to play basketball at the University of Central Arkansas
Everyone is invited to come celebrate with the Lady Cats!!!
Wednesday, April 12th at 3:30 pm at the Conway High School Lobby
Elam F. will sign to swim at Henderson State
Wednesday, April 12th at 3:30 pm at the Wampus Cat Track at John McConnell Stadium
Ke’Von H. will sign to run track at Arkansas State University
Thursday, April 13th at 3:30 pm at the Buzz Bolding Arena
Kendarious S. will sign to play basketball at Ouachita Baptist University
Junior W. will sign to play basketball at Olive Harvey College
Friday, April 14th at 3:30 pm at the Buzz Bolding Arena
Lauren C. will sign to run track at the University of Arkansas
* Key Club will meet Thursday in the Lecture Hall during both lunches. Come hear about our end of the year activities and bring art supplies for our drive to help Camp Aldersgate. Also sign up to help with the Mary Jane Moix Memorial 5K run/walk on Saturday, April 29th.
- There will be a GSA meeting in room 208 at 3:30 this Friday.
- Lady Cat Volleyball Tryouts: Anyone interested in trying out for the 2017-2018 Lady Cat Volleyball Team (grades 10-12) and does not have first period off-season should pick-up paperwork from Coach Crow on Tuesday, April 18th from 3:15-4:00 in the Arena.
- Art Supply Drive: Key Club is sponsoring an Art Supply Drive to benefit Camp Aldersgate. Camp Aldersgate creates life-changing experiences for individuals with special needs through summer and weekend camps. The drive will run through Friday, April 14. Place donated supplies in the box outside room 364. We will award a service hour for every 3 items donated --- spread the word!
- Golf Tryouts: There will be an informational meeting Wednesday, April 19th at 3:30 at the Junior High and Thursday, April 20th at 3:30 in the Arena for anyone interested in trying out for the 2017-2018 Wampus Cat Golf Team. Golf tryouts are tentatively set for the week of April 24-28.
- The CHS Forensics & Debate teams would like to invite the CHS student body and all employees to attend our Student Showcase and Senior Spotlight on May 1! Come see the talent of our state champion forensics and debate students as we perform our multi award-winning tournament pieces. Please join us Monday, May 1 at 7:00 pm. Admission is FREE!