- CONGRATULATIONS to the following band students who successfully earned a spot in the All-State jazz bands. Brent F. – lead jazz Tenor Sax in Jazz 1; Joseph W. – jazz guitar in Jazz 2; and Ian C. – jazz bass in Jazz 2.
- CONGRATULATIONS to the following band students who successfully earned a spot in one of the All-State concert bands: Flute: Rachel I., Riya D., and Christa O.; Bassoon: Caleb R.; Clarinet: Brent F., Gabby L., Riley P., Sharnetta C. and India W.; Alto Sax: Faith H.; Tenor Sax: Joseph W.; Trumpet: David C. and Gopi L.; Tuba Jake B. and Kaiden A.; String Bass: Ian C.
- College Signing: Mia G. will be signing to play soccer at UCA today at 4:00 pm in the Buzz Bolding Arena.
- Student Council will meet Thursday during both lunches in the media center to discuss prom. Make plans to attend.
- ACT rosters for this Saturday’s ACT test are posted in the first floor east hallway. You must have a school ID or acceptable plastic photo ID or you will not be allowed to test. Be sure to check your room assignment as testing will begin promptly at 8:00 a.m.
- Attention sophomores and juniors, are you interested in a Future Career in Nutrition? Next fall CHS will be adding a new Program of Study, Advanced Nutrition/Dietetics. This program will include three (3) --- year long courses: Food Safety & Nutrition; Chemistry of Food; Advanced Nutrition/Dietetics. Students who participate in all three will be recognized as a Career Completer at graduation. If you are interested in hearing about the program, Mrs. Tell will have an information meeting on Friday, February 9th during both lunches in Room 909 in the Career Center.
- Key Club meeting this Thursday during lunch --- come hear about “The Chase Race” and other volunteer opportunities.
- Key Club game night Monday February 12th from 5-7 come have fun with fellow Key Club members. Sign up outside room 364, snacks provided.
- National Spanish Honorary: Friday, February 9th is the last day to pay $5.00 membership dues for National Spanish Honorary. See Mrs. Zabala in room 608 of the Annex Building.
- Best Buddies will host a Valentine’s dinner on February 13th in the cafeteria at 5 pm. Peer buddies and associate buddies, please sign up on the “group me” for attendance no later than Thursday.
- CLASS of 2018! Senior Shirts are in! Take $15 to Mrs. Chapman in the Career Center room 907 and get your shirt. There are only a few shirts left!
- Internship: Attention all juniors who have a career focus! Now is the time to apply to the CHS Internship Program! If you qualify, you will be able to leave school during the day to go to work and earn money as well as two credits for school! For an application, ask any Career Center teacher, or see Mrs. Melanie Bell, Internship Coordinator. The deadline to apply is February 15, 2018.
- Yearbook: Time is running out to order your 2018 CHS yearbook. The only way to make sure you get a yearbook is to order online at www.jostensyearbooks.com or bring $60 to Room 601. Don’t be left out this spring. Order yours today! Deadline is February 15, 2018.
- ELPA Testing will take place today for Group A and February 12 and February 14 for Group B. If you are testing, please coordinate with your classroom teachers. Testing will take place during morning classes. On these days, the library will be closed in the morning and at lunch.
- Carnations: FCCLA will be selling carnations until February 12th. Buy your favorite person a carnation and it will be delivered 6th period on Valentine’s Day! Carnations are $2.00 each. You can buy them during 1st and 2nd lunch or from any FCCLA member.
- Summer Work: If you are interested in applying for the Conway Public Schools Maintenance Department Summer Work Program, applications are available in the counseling center or at the front desk at CHS. Return all applications to the CHS front desk on or before Thursday, February 15, 2018.
- Juniors and Seniors: Representatives will be at CHS during both lunches in front of the Counseling Center from:
- Arkansas Army National Guard-TODAY
- Shorter College-Thursday, February 8, 2018
- UCA-Monday, February 12, 2018
- Arkansas Army National Guard-TODAY
2300 Prince Street
Conway, AR 72034
(501) 450-4884 fax
Career and Technical
Clubs and Organizations
English Language Arts
HAC - Home Access Center