- The Faulkner County College Fair will be held today. Juniors and seniors need to pre-register now at www.gotocollegefairs.com and print a bar code that will allow the colleges to scan your information.
- Robotics: Hey Students! Are you interested in Robotics, engineering, design, multimedia elements and/or developing a great presentation? You should join our BEST Robotics team and help us be competitive against over 25 other teams in our area! Interested in finding out more? We are having an informational meeting today during both lunches in room 254.
- FCA will meet today during both lunches in the Field House. All are welcome to come.
- Homecoming court girls will meet at lunch today in the media center to choose their escorts.
- The Creative Writing Club will NOT meet this Thursday; next meeting will be October 6th.
- Attention HOSA Members: We will have our first meeting this Thursday at 3:30 in the health science lab. Refreshments will be served, HOSA t-shirts delivered and HOSA officers and new member installation.
- GSA: There will be a GSA meeting on Friday, September 30 in room 208.
- Attention Key Club Members: Key Club is sponsoring a Spirit Bus to the Cabot game on October 7th. Bring $10 and sign up in Mrs. Reed’s room (364). You must be a Key Club member to sign up. After this week, any unsold seats will be open to the student body.
- FBLA is having a Fish Fry fundraiser on Friday, September 30 before the Wampus Cat vs. NLR game. The Fish Fry is being catered by Adams Catfish Catering. The menu includes: Catfish, Chicken, Shrimp, French Fries, Slaw, Baked Beans, Hush Puppies, and all the condiments plus a drink. Tickets are $12 and the event runs from 4:30-7:30 pm on the right side of the Arena where there is normally tailgating before the game. In case of rain the event will be moved to the cafeteria. FBLA members are currently selling tickets or you can contact Mrs. Collins, Mrs. Hardee, or Mrs. Wells in the Career Center.
- Key Club Recruitment drive will culminate next week with these exciting activities:
Monday – meet in Mrs. Reed’s room (364) during your lunch to make cards for Children’s Hospital. Then come out to Laurel Park at 4:00 for a kickball tournament – team sign-ups are outside room 364.
Tuesday and Wednesday – can food drive to benefit Bethlehem House. Look for boxes in the lobby and outside room 364.
Thursday – meet at Bob’s Grill at 6:30 for breakfast!
Friday – Spirit Bus to the game in Cabot. Meet in front of the Arena at 5:30. Bring $10 to Mrs. Reed in room 364; first 50 get to ride so sign up now!
- Venturing is a division of the Boy Scouts of America and a new Venturing Crew is being launched in Conway. Crew 1080 is for young men and women ages 14-21. Most of the regular meetings will be held at The Batcave on Tuesday’s at 6:30 pm, please come and check us out.
For more info or register as a member of Crew 1080, contact Heather Morris at (501) 303-0758.
- The PSAT, which is the qualifying test for the National Merit Scholarship Competition, will be given on the morning of October 19th. Juniors who are interested in taking the test may sign up in the counseling center. Cost is $15.00. The deadline to sign up is Wednesday, October 12.