- CONGRATULATIONS to Robyn Burnett for winning Bronze in the Skills USA Photography competition! CONGRATULATIONS to the following students for winning at the Arkansas Young Artist Association competition: Color Photography: 1st Place - Alise H.; 2nd Place - Kylee F.; and 4th Place - Emily P. Digitally Manipulated Photography: 1st Place - Alise H. and 2nd Place - Lauren F. Advertising Design: 2nd Place - Katie F. Samantha M. the winner of a $500 Photography Scholarship to Memphis College of Art.
- Smoothies: Today Best Buddies will be selling smoothies from Smoothie King during both lunches for $3.00. Come out and support a great cause with a cool treat!
- Signing: Lauren C. will sign to run track at the University of Arkansas today at 3:30 pm at the Buzz Bolding Arena.
- There will be a GSA meeting in room 208 at 3:30 pm today.
- Unashamed FCS will meet today in room 255 during 1st lunch and in room 900 in the Career Center during 2nd lunch.
- THE LIBRARY WILL BE CLOSED ALL DAY TODAY (04-14-17). All library helpers report to study hall instead of going to the library.
- The Young Democrats will meet next Tuesday, April 18th at 3:30 in room 263.
- Volleyball Tryouts: Anyone interested in trying out for the 2017-2018 Lady Cat Volleyball Team (grades 10-12) and does not have first period off-season should pick-up paperwork from Coach Crow on Tuesday, April 18th from 3:15-4:00 in the Arena.
- SENIORS: To request that a copy of your final transcript, test scores, and shot records be sent to a college, university, vocational school, NCAA Clearinghouse, etc., please provide the information on the print-out on the table outside Mrs. Jones’ office. Please read the instructions; if you need help or have questions, see Mrs. Jones, Registrar. Remember, if you had a seven (7) semester transcript mailed earlier to an institute of higher learning they will need a final copy.
- Clothes Donations: Do you or any of your family members have unused or old clothing that may be out of style, boring or is not their taste? Well, senior student Amber Geeter is collecting clothing to donate to UCA, our school’s clothing closet and local homeless shelters. To help out with this wonderful cause take all clothing to Ms. Hunt’s classroom (907) in the Career Center.
- FFA Plant Sale: Monday through Friday from 8:30 to 4:30 and Saturday from 9:00 to 3:00.
We have a large assortment of ferns, tomatoes and strawberries, as well as many other plants!
- Golf Tryouts: There will be an informational meeting Wednesday, April 19th at 3:30 at the Junior High and Thursday, April 20th at 3:30 in the Arena for anyone interested in trying out for the 2017-2018 Wampus Cat Golf Team. Golf tryouts are tentatively set for April 24-28.
- Seniors: Friday is the last day to check out books and all senior books out must be returned to the media center by April 21. All 10th and 11th grade library books must be turned in by May 5th. Stop in the media center to check for fines/overdue books. These must be taken care of ASAP.
- Friendship Walk: On Saturday, April 22nd at 8:30 am, Best Buddies will sponsor a FRIENDSHIP WALK. Just buy a Best Buddies bracelet for $2.00, show up at the CHS track at 8:30 am and walk with this amazing group. Walkers will lead athletes participating in Special Olympics Track and Field in the opening ceremonies. Following the walk stay and watch a great Special Olympic event before heading over to the auditorium for the musical – MARY POPPINS!!!
- Senior athletes who will be playing sports in college next year:
Tuesday, April 18 at 4:30 pm in the Arena
Whit P. will be signing to play golf at Washburn University
Thursday, April 20 at 4:00 pm in the Arena
Alyssa W. will be signing to play basketball at Southwestern Assemblies of God Univ.
Bre W. will be signing to play basketball at Southwestern Assemblies of God University
- Crochet Club meets in Mrs. Jevicky’s room (163) during 2nd lunch. Come and join us! The yarn, crochet book and instructions are provided --- just show up!