- PSAT: Paper copies of PSAT results are now available. Tenth grade students will receive their results and test booklets in their English classes. Juniors will need to stop by the counseling center to pick up their results.
- Summer Workers: Applications from the maintenance department for summer workers are located at the front desk and in the counseling center. You must be 16 years of age by May 1st. You must be able to work 8 hours per day – 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday starting June 6th through July 29th. Application deadline will be February 15th.
- The America’s Tooth Fairy Smile Drive: Is that the tooth fairy? Well YOU could be the tooth fairy. The America’s Tooth Fairy Smile Drive is a national campaign taking place during February. HOSA will be collecting tooth brushes, toothpaste, floss and rinse for at-risk children and teens in our community. Drop off boxes will be located in front of the counselor’s office and all Health Science classes.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet at 3:30 in room 116.
- CHS Swimming and Diving: Thursday, 2:00 pm at UCA.
- Quiz Bowl will meet at 3:30 pm in room 114.
- Basketball: Conway vs. Van Buren on Friday at 3:30 pm in Van Buren.
- ACT Test: ACT room assignments are posted in the first floor east hallway for the ACT on Saturday, February 6. Testing begins promptly at 8:00 am. You cannot test without a photo ID/ID letter AND printed admission ticket.
- Wrestling: Dual State on Saturday at Van Buren.
- CHS Track: U of A Indoor State Track Meet in Fayetteville.
- Free Shopping Day: The First United Methodist Church is inviting our high school girls to a FREE SHOPPING DAY for formal dresses accessories, which includes shoes, jewelry and purses. This will be held on Saturday, February 20th at the First United Methodist Church. If interested, go by the counseling center and speak with Mrs. Bartholomew.
- Experience UALR Day: High school seniors are invited to attend Experience UALR days. This is a great opportunity for students to attend college classes, enjoy campus dining, tour on campus housing and cheer on the Trojan basketball team. This event is free for students and their families. The RSVP form can be found at ualr.edu/admissions/experience. The next date is Thursday, February 25.
- Lifeguard Classes: It is time to start thinking about a summer job. Why not become a lifeguard? Classes are being held March 4th-6th at UCA. Certifications from the course will be Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED. Cost $250 and recertification costs $100. Pay Jennifer Boudreaux at the UCA HPER Center, by February 26th, to secure your spot. Class Days and Times: 03/04, 4:30 - 9:00 pm; 03/05, 8:00 am - 6:00 pm; 03/06, 8:00 am - 6:00 pm.
- The Faulkner County Youth Leadership Institute is now taking applications for the 2016-2017 class. Application deadline: Friday, February 26, 2016. Interviews begin the week prior to Spring Break. All Faulkner County 10th and 11th grade students are eligible to apply. Please fill out the forms and mail them to P.O. Box 2656, Conway 72033. Click here for more information and to download application forms.
- Thea Foundation Scholarships are awarded solely on talent, never on test scores, GPAs or intent to major in the arts. Your scholarship will travel to any college you attend, but if you choose to attend one of our more than 20 education partners, including every 4-year college and many 2-year colleges in Arkansas, your scholarship could be matched with thousands more dollars in scholarship money.
Slam Poetry: Deadline 11:59 pm, Monday 3/14/16
Film: Deadline 3/18/16 (Extended deadline flyer)
- UCA Foundation scholarship applications are currently open. If you are planning to attend UCA, visit uca.edu/go/foundation-scholarships to apply. There are 303 scholarships available. The deadline is March 11.