- Seniors: A representative from Vector Marketing Corporation will be here today in front of the counseling center to discuss income and scholarship opportunities. Come by during your lunch if interested.
- Seniors: To request that a copy of your final transcript, test scores, and shot records be sent to a college, university, vocational school, NCAA Clearinghouse, etc., please provide the information on the print-out on the table outside Mrs. Jones’ office. Please read the instructions, if you need help or have questions, see Mrs. Jones, Registrar. Remember, if you had a seven (7) semester transcript mailed earlier to an institute of higher learning they will need a final copy.
- CHS Cafeteria Notice: Seniors need to pay cafeteria charges ASAP to assure that you get your diploma at graduation. You can pay any cashier during lunch or breakfast. If you are not sure of your balance you may ask any cashier. All charges carry over from K-12th grade, so if you charged in the past and have not eaten here you may still owe money. Starting May 1st there will be no charging for anyone in the cafeteria. An alternate meal of turkey sandwich and milk will be offered for those not having money on that date through the end of school.
- Seniors: Senior library books are due TODAY so we may assess senior fines. These fines must be paid or your diploma will be held.
- Quiz Bowl will meet today at 3:30 pm in room 114.
- Musical: Conway High School will present the musical Seven Brides for Seven Brothers on tonight at 7:00 pm. Tickets may be purchased at the door --- $6 for adults and $4 for students (ages 4-12th grade). All performances will be held at the James H. Clark Auditorium.
- Cats Bank: If you have an account with Cats Bank, you need to close this out today.
- Soccer (B/G): Conway vs. Van Buren, 4:00 pm today at John McConnel Stadium.
- Softball (V/JV): Conway vs. Van Buren, 5:00 pm todayat the CHS softball field.
- Baseball (V/JV): Conway vs. Van Buren, 5:00 pm today at the CHS baseball field.
- Musical: Conway High School will present the musical Seven Brides for Seven Brothers Saturday, April 23 at 1:00 pm and 7:00 pm. Tickets may be purchased at the door --- $6 for adults and $4 for students (ages 4-12th grade). All performances will be held at the James H. Clark Auditorium.
- Special Olympics: Saturday at John McConnell Stadium.
- Baseball (JV): Conway vs. NLR, Saturday at North Little Rock, time TBA.
- Baseball (V): Conway vs. Benton, Saturday 1:00 pm at the CHS baseball field.
- Volleyball: If you are interested in trying out for the Lady Cat Volleyball Team and do not have first period athletics, please meet with Coach Crow in the Arena on Monday, April 25th between 3:15 and 4:00 pm.
- Beta Club/Panera Bread Fundraiser: Go out with friends to eat at Panera Bread on Monday from 4:00 to 8:00 pm and support Beta Club. Fliers are available in room 167 or from club members.
- Scholarship Deadline: The Law Offices of Alan DeVar is offering a Safe Arkansas Scholarship and Video Contest with prizes ranging from $250 - $1,500 to graduating Arkansas high school students. Entries must be submitted by April 24th, 2016. Go to the link below for further details.
- Pulaski Tech in North Little Rock will hold an Open House on Tuesday, April 26, from 5:00 – 7:00 pm. For more information, pick up a flyer in the counseling center.
- Signings: April 27th, we have two athletes signing their National Letters of Intent to run cross country and track in college. Elise Moix and Toler Freyaldenhoven will both be attending Rhodes College in Memphis. Their signings will take place on April 27th at 3:30 pm in the Buzz Bolding Arena.
- The Conway Progressive Club scholarship application is available for senior girls in the counseling center. You must have at least 2.8 cumulative GPA and be attending college in Conway. Deadline is April 29.
- Media Center deadlines: No library books will be checked out past May 6th. ALL library books MUST be turned in on this date, Friday, May 6.
- Driver Education – Summer School: Driver Education will be offered this summer at Conway Junior High School. Registration and fees must be turned in to Mrs. Sorenson in the south office at Conway Junior High School by Friday, May 20. Cost: $225 (cash or money order only). Dates: June 6 through June 30. Applications are available in the front office at Conway High School.
- ACT Boost Class: Conway Public Schools is offering an ACT Boost class designed to increase student’s ACT scores. The prep program is a comprehensive program that includes both online and face-to-face support. The online component is completed through home access to ACT test prep materials from May to September. The face-to-face support occurs the first week of August. The cost of the class is $65. Students can locate the registration form in the counseling center. Please complete form with payment and return to the counseling center by May 3rd, 2016.
- Bricks for the Wampus Cat Courtyard can now be purchased to honor the Class of 2016. Bricks are $100 and can be purchased to honor a senior or a group of seniors. Bricks are placed in the Wampus Cat Courtyard between the high school building and the cafeteria. You can order online at cpsfoundation.com/courtyard. The deadline is May 31. Great idea for graduation gifts!
- Selective Service System: It is a young man’s civic duty and legal obligation to register with Selective Service; however, many students do not know that there is a registration requirement. By not registering, men risk their eligibility for future college loans and grants, job training, employment, and U.S. citizenship for immigrants. Registration is quick, easy, and it’s the law. You can either register with Selective Service online at www.sss.gov or at any U.S. post office.
- Scholarship Information: Keep up with the latest scholarship opportunities and deadlines at http://chs.conwayschools.org/scholarships.html.
- Download the Conway Public Schools App to receive CHS notifications on your phone. Check iTunes or Google Play to keep up with calendars, announcements, grades, and more.