- Seniors: If you are planning to attend UCA and major in education, please see your counselor TODAY for a scholarship opportunity.
- CHS Cafeteria Notice: Seniors need to pay cafeteria charges ASAP to assure that you get your diploma at graduation. You can pay any cashier during lunch or breakfast. If you are not sure of your balance you may ask any cashier. All charges carry over from K-12th grade, so if you charged in the past and have not eaten here you may still owe money. Starting May 1st there will be no charging for anyone in the cafeteria. An alternate meal of turkey sandwich and milk will be offered for those not having money on that date through the end of school.
- Seniors: To have a copy of your final transcript, test scores, and shot records mailed to a college, university, vocational school, NCAA Clearinghouse, etc., please provide the information on the print-out (big spiral book) on the table in the front lobby outside Mrs. Jones’ office. Read the instructions and then if you need help see Mrs. Jones, Registrar. Remember, if you had a seven semester transcript mailed earlier to a college, they will require an official transcript with your final grades and the graduation date from your high school.
- Seniors: All library books are due today. You must take care of all fines/fees owed as well.
- The Conway Progressive Club scholarship application is available for senior girls in the counseling center. You must have at least 2.8 cumulative GPA and be attending college in Conway. Today is the deadline..
- Gallery Night: Photography students will hold a “Gallery Night” tonight from 5:30 - 8:00 p.m. in the CHS lobby. You’re invited!
- Michael Fosberg will present his one-man show “Incognito” tonight in Conway High School’s James H. Clark auditorium at 6:00 pm. This powerful play encourages personal dialogues embracing diversity through narrative, humor, and dramatization. This event, sponsored by Beta Club, is free and open to the public.
- The Conway Alumni Chapter Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. is now accepting applications for college scholarships from qualified high school seniors who live in Central Arkansas. The scholarships are typically one year, from $500-$1000 non-renewable. Scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement, community service activities and financial need with a minimum GPA of 2.75. Applications available in the counselor center. Deadline is April 30th.
- Signing: Monday, May 2, Brooke Scott will be signing with Central Baptist College to play soccer. Her signing will take place at 3:30 in Buzz Bolding Arena.
- The $1.00 physical night is right around the corner. Students must have a dollar and their physical form to participate. Page 1 of the physical form must be completed and signed by the parent and student. The physician will complete page 2. All students entering 8th-12th grades who are interested in participating in athletics should plan to attend.
Wednesday, May 4 - Girls Physicals – starting at 6:00 pm for students entering grades 10-11-12
- The CHS Honor Graduate program will be held on Tuesday, May 3rd in the auditorium. Please note the corrected start time is 6:00 pm. Come celebrate our students!
- Cross Country: Anyone interested in running cross country next year please meet in the old gym on Tuesday at 3:30 pm.
- Upcoming Athletic Events:
May 2 – Boys Physicals at the Arena
May 3 – Senior Night for Softball, Baseball, and Soccer Teams
May 4 – Girls Physicals at the Arena
May 5 – High School State Track Meet at Conway High School Stadium
- Media Center deadlines: All library books MUST be turned in by Friday, May 6.
- Driver Education – Summer School: Driver Education will be offered this summer at Conway Junior High School. Registration and fees must be turned in to Mrs. Sorenson in the south office at Conway Junior High School by Friday, May 20. Cost: $225 (cash or money order only). Dates: June 6 through June 30. Applications are available in the front office at Conway High School.
- ACT Boost Class: Conway Public Schools is offering an ACT Boost class designed to increase student’s ACT scores. The prep program is a comprehensive program that includes both online and face-to-face support. The online component is completed through home access to ACT test prep materials from May to September. The face-to-face support occurs the first week of August. The cost of the class is $65. Students can locate the registration form in the counseling center. Please complete form with payment and return to the counseling center by May 3rd, 2016.
- Bricks for the Wampus Cat Courtyard can now be purchased to honor the Class of 2016. Bricks are $100 and can be purchased to honor a senior or a group of seniors. Bricks are placed in the Wampus Cat Courtyard between the high school building and the cafeteria. You can order online at cpsfoundation.com/courtyard. The deadline is May 31. Great idea for graduation gifts!
- Scholarship Information: Keep up with the latest scholarship opportunities and deadlines at http://chs.conwayschools.org/scholarships.html.
- Download the Conway Public Schools App to receive CHS notifications on your phone. Check iTunes or Google Play to keep up with calendars, announcements, grades, and more.