- The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff (UAPB) will be visiting today in front of the counseling center to discuss general questions about the university. Come by during lunch.
- Lifeguard Classes: It is time to start thinking about a summer job. Why not become a lifeguard? Classes are being held March 4th-6th at UCA. Certifications from the course will be Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED. Cost $250 and recertification costs $100. Pay Jennifer Boudreaux at the UCA HPER Center to secure your spot. Today is the deadline. Class Days and Times: 03/04, 4:30 - 9:00 pm; 03/05, 8:00 am - 6:00 pm; 03/06, 8:00 am - 6:00 pm.
- The Faulkner County Youth Leadership Institute is now taking applications for the 2016-2017 class. Application deadline is today. Interviews begin the week prior to Spring Break. All Faulkner County 10th and 11th grade students are eligible to apply. Please fill out the forms and mail them to P.O. Box 2656, Conway 72033. Click here for more information and to download application forms.
- CHS Swimming and Diving: State meet, today at 3:00 pm in Bentonville.
- CHS Quiz Bowl practice today at 3:30 in room 114.
- Basketball: Conway vs. Alma, 3:30 pm today at Alma.
- CHS Swimming and Diving: State meet, Saturday 10:00 am Bentonville.
- Baseball Benefit Game: Conway vs.Rogers, 12:00 noon Saturday at the CHS baseball field.
- Baseball Benefit Game: Conway vs.Bentonville, 2:00 pm Saturday at the CHS baseball field.
- ACT Testing (Juniors): The room assignments for next Tuesday’s ACT test are posted in the English hallways. Be sure you check the list before Tuesday so that you will be in the correct room, ready for testing, by 8:10 a.m. on Tuesday morning, March 1.
- The Media Center will be closed Tuesday, March 1, 2016.
- The Young Democrats will meet on Tuesday, March 1st at 3:30 in room 263. Are you “Feeling the Bern” or are you “For Her”? Join us as we learn fun facts about each of the candidates. Snacks will be provided.
- Red Cross Blood Drive: Did you know one pint of blood may save the lives of three people? HOSA and FBLA will host their Red Cross Blood Drive on Friday, March 4! FBLA representatives will come to each 1st through 6th period study halls to hand out and/or take up permission slips. If you wish to donate and have a 7th period study hall or no study hall at all, please go by Mrs. Raup’s room (901 in the Career Center) to make the necessary arrangements. In order to donate blood, you must have a signed permission slip turned in by Wednesday, March 2, 2016.
- Boys and Girls State (Juniors): Are you interested in learning about the political process of Arkansas. If so, then Boys and Girls State may be for you. There will be an informational meeting on Thursday, March 3rd during both lunches in Mr. Richardson’s room (263).
- CHS Internship Program: Attention all juniors who have a career focus! Now is the time to apply to the CHS Internship Program for your senior year! If you qualify, you will be able to leave school during the day to go to work and “earn while you learn.” For more information about this opportunity, ask a Career Center teacher or see Mrs. Bell, Internship Coordinator, by March 4.
- Tug of War: After a decade of waiting, the Conway High School Tug of War is back! The Career Center will be hosting the Tug of War tournament on March 18th at the Conway High School football field. Students can create teams of 8 to compete in three divisions: male, female, and coed. Coed teams must have 4 girls. The cost to make a team is $10 per person, $80 total per team. Each team member will receive a t-shirt. The deadline to register a team is March 4th. Students not competing can purchase t-shirts by pre-ordering them by March 4th. The cost per shirt is $10. During the week of March 18th, students can purchase tickets for $1 and will get out of class after 2nd lunch to watch. Concessions will be available and prizes will be given out to spectators. All proceeds will benefit Arkansas Children’s Hospital.
- Compass Test (Seniors): UACCM will be here on Tuesday, March 8 to give the Compass test. There are limited spots available. To sign up, take $15 cash or money order to Mrs. Bartholomew in the counseling center.
- Cheer Tryouts: Students interested in trying out for CHS varsity cheer can pick up a cheer information packet from the front office. Tryouts will be conducted March 7-10. All forms in the packet will need to be completed, signed, and brought to the first day of tryouts. The packet can also be found on the CHS athletic website.
- Thea Foundation Scholarships are awarded solely on talent, never on test scores, GPAs or intent to major in the arts. Your scholarship will travel to any college you attend, but if you choose to attend one of our more than 20 education partners, including every 4-year college and many 2-year colleges in Arkansas, your scholarship could be matched with thousands more dollars in scholarship money.
Slam Poetry: Deadline 11:59 pm, Monday 3/14/16
Film: Arkansas Historic Places deadline 3/27/16 (Extended deadline other film entries)
- UCA Foundation scholarship applications are currently open. If you are planning to attend UCA, visit uca.edu/go/foundation-scholarships to apply. There are 303 scholarships available. The deadline is March 11.
- Scholarship Information: Keep up with the latest scholarship opportunities and deadlines at http://chs.conwayschools.org/scholarships.html.
- Download the Conway Public Schools App to receive CHS notifications on your phone. Check iTunes or Google Play to keep up with calendars, announcements, grades, and more.