- A list of Honor Graduates for the Class of 2016 has been posted on the window outside Mrs. Jones’ office (across from the front office). If you have any questions or feel that your name was inadvertently omitted, please contact your counselor or Mrs. Jones as soon as possible.
- Congratulations to the winners of the Chinese Language and Culture Contest: Elsa Mattson (11th) – 1st Place in the ninth Chinese Bridge Chinese Proficiency Competition for Secondary Schools Students (Preliminary) on March 11 at UCA. Jacob Scott (10th) and Rose Alba (11th) both received Honorable Mention. Elsa will represent Secondary School Chinese Learners in Arkansas in Dallas in April for the final contest. Contestants who place first and second will travel to China this summer to experience authentic Chinese culture and food! We are very proud of our students!
- CHS Tug-of-War: The Conway High School “TUG OF WAR” is TODAY! If you have not purchased a wristband, you will be sent to study hall for the remainder of the day. It is not too late to purchase a wristband! See your study hall teacher to attend the event. The Tug of War tournament will feature over 25 teams, prizes from Arkansas Children’s Hospital including cups, hats, t-shirts, Frisbees! We will have concessions from Ed’s Bakery, Julie’s Sweetshop, Patty Cakes Bakery, Andy’s Custard, Pizza Hut, and Smoothie King. Come out this afternoon for food, fun and raising money for Arkansas Children’s Hospital!
- Quiz Bowl will meet Friday at 3:30 pm in room 114.
- Shelter Insurance Foundation Scholarship Deadline: Pick up an application in the Counseling Center and return it no later than Friday, March 18.
- Henderson State University is honoring High School Juniors by inviting them to participate in the Henderson 100 program. The Henderson 100 is a two day event scheduled for April 29th & 30th. This allows juniors the opportunity to sit in on classes of interest, talk to other university students, campus tour and see what dorm life is really about. There is no cost to students attending this program. The application and academic interest form must be filled out and returned no later than March 18th. See the Counseling Center for more information.
- The UAMS College of Pharmacy Summer Camp Program is designed for high school rising seniors and recently graduated high school students entering college interested in learning more about the challenging career pathway opportunities in the profession of pharmacy. This unique camp incorporates active participation in a broad scope of learning experiences including “hands-on” training in pharmacy practice skills, lectures by College of Pharmacy faculty and local Arkansas pharmacist practitioners, and field trips to actual pharmacy practice locations. Students currently in their junior and senior year of high school are eligible to apply. Application, official transcript, ACT scores, and two sealed letters of recommendation and must be postmarked no later than Friday, March 18, 2016. See the Counseling Center for more information.
- Softball: Fayetteville/Farmington Tournament, Friday in Fayetteville.
- Softball: Fayetteville/Farmington Tournament, Saturday in Fayetteville.
- CHS 2016 Prom: Are you ready to have a “roaring good time” at Prom? This year’s theme is going to take us back to the Roaring “20’s” in the era of The Great Gatsby! Just picture it --- beautiful white, black and gold décor with lots of glitz and glam. We will have a photo area for pictures with photographers and props to make your pictures memorable! We will be serving hors d’oeuvres including a chocolate fountain! So come and dance the night away at an event to remember! For this year only, we will also be allowing 10th graders to attend prom with their dates! Dates must be in at least the 10th grade for all students. CHS Prom will be held at Ruth Doyle Intermediate School and will be from 8 pm to 12 am. Ticket prices are $20 per person and will be sold during both lunches beginning Monday, April 11th and ending Friday, April 15th. All ticket prices include all food and refreshments, one free picture per student at the photo station, the cost of the prom décor, and the prom DJ. Extra Prom Pictures from the photo station will be $1 each. Please join us for a night you won’t forget!
- Lifeguard Certification Class April 15-17 at UCA. If you are looking for a summer job, this would be the class you need for a fun summer job. Sign up at UCA - HPER Center, April 12 to secure your spot. Ask for Jennifer Boudreaux, the cost is $250.
- Scholarship Information: Keep up with the latest scholarship opportunities and deadlines at http://chs.conwayschools.org/scholarships.html.
- Download the Conway Public Schools App to receive CHS notifications on your phone. Check iTunes or Google Play to keep up with calendars, announcements, grades, and more.