- The Conway High School Tug of War: Stop by the “Conway High School Tug of War” table in the cafeteria today during both lunches to create teams, order t-shirts, and purchase wristbands for entry. The deadline to enter a team or order a t-shirt is TODAY!
- Red Cross Blood Drive: To those brave ones donating blood today: Please check your donation time and show your teacher so you can be released in time for your donation time. The donation area is in the Health Sciences building close to the softball field.
- CHS Internship Program: Attention all juniors who have a career focus! Now is the time to apply to the CHS Internship Program for your senior year! If you qualify, you will be able to leave school during the day to go to work and “earn while you learn.” For more information about this opportunity, ask a Career Center teacher or see Mrs. Bell, Internship Coordinator, today.
- CHS Quiz Bowl will practice Friday at 3:30 in room 114.
- Delta Sigma Theta Scholarship deadline: 2016-17 scholarships for graduating seniors in public high schools in Faulkner, Lonoke, Pulaski, Saline, and White counties. This scholarship will assist two students furthering their education at an Arkansas college or university. One male and one female will be selected based on academic performance, participation in school, community, leadership qualities and character. The application must be postmarked by today.
- State Basketball Tournament, Cabot.
- Soccer Tournament at John McConnell Stadium.
- CHS Baseball: Conway vs Fort Smith Northside, today 4:30 pm at the CHS baseball field.
- UCA Bear Facts Day: This includes a campus tour, information about housing, financial aid, professions and departments. Lunch is provided. Register at https://uca.edu/admissions/bear-facts-day/.
- State Basketball Tournament, Cabot.
- Soccer Tournament Saturday at John McConnell Stadium.
- CHS Baseball: Conway vs. El Dorado doubleheader, Saturday 1:00 pm at the CHS baseball field.
- Baseball signing: Christian Hamilton will sign with Crowley’s Ridge Community College for baseball on Monday, March 7 at 3:30 in the front lobby.
- Compass Test (Seniors): UACCM will be here on Tuesday, March 8 to give the Compass test. There are limited spots available. To sign up, take $15 cash or money order to Mrs. Bartholomew in the counseling center.
- Cheer Tryouts: Students interested in trying out for CHS varsity cheer can pick up a cheer information packet from the front office. Tryouts will be conducted March 7-10. All forms in the packet will need to be completed, signed, and brought to the first day of tryouts. The packet can also be found on the CHS athletic website.
- UCA Foundation scholarship applications are currently open. If you are planning to attend UCA, visit uca.edu/go/foundation-scholarships to apply. There are 303 scholarships available. The deadline is March 11.
- UACCM is offering a “#moreinMorrilton” information session on Saturday, March 12, 2016. Students will visit with instructors and representatives in areas of interest, learn about financial aid, interact with a student panel and see if UACCM is a good fit. R.S.V.P. online or by phone. For more details see the counseling center for the flyer.
- Varsity Dance Tryouts: Any student interested in trying out for CHS Varsity Dance will need to pick up a dance information packet from the front office. Tryouts will be conducted March 14-18. All forms in the packet will need to be completed, signed, and brought to the first day of tryouts. The packet can also be found on the CHS athletic website.
- CHS Tug-of-War: After a decade of waiting, the Conway High School Tug of War is back! The Career Center will be hosting the Tug of War tournament on March 18th at the Conway High School football field. During the week of March 18th, students can purchase tickets for $1 and will get out of class after 2nd lunch to watch. Concessions will be available and prizes will be given out to spectators. All proceeds will benefit Arkansas Children’s Hospital.
- Thea Foundation Scholarships are awarded solely on talent, never on test scores, GPAs or intent to major in the arts. Your scholarship will travel to any college you attend, but if you choose to attend one of our more than 20 education partners, including every 4-year college and many 2-year colleges in Arkansas, your scholarship could be matched with thousands more dollars in scholarship money.
Slam Poetry: Deadline 11:59 pm, Monday 3/14/16
Film: Arkansas Historic Places deadline 3/27/16 (Extended deadline other film entries)
- Scholarship Information: Keep up with the latest scholarship opportunities and deadlines at http://chs.conwayschools.org/scholarships.html.
- Download the Conway Public Schools App to receive CHS notifications on your phone. Check iTunes or Google Play to keep up with calendars, announcements, grades, and more.