- Congratulations to all the students who qualified and received a Renaissance GPA Card for the first nine weeks. Each teacher has a poster in their room indicating the incentives he/she accepts. GPA Cards will be awarded for the 2nd nine weeks and handed out in January …so you have time to get those grades up! Also, monthly Perfect Attendance for October is being distributed through 2nd period classes. Each student that had perfect attendance is allowed to leave 5 minutes early for lunch every Friday of the month of November and 10 minutes early from 7th period on the last Friday of the month. Students must present cards to leave. November and December attendance will be counted together and cards handed out in January. CONGRATS to all qualifying students!
- Blood Drive: To those brave ones donating blood today --- please check your donation time and show your teacher so you can be released in time for your donation time. The donation area is in the Health Sciences Building close to the softball field.
- ACT Deadline: Today is the last day to register for the December 12th ACT without late fees added.
- Culinary Arts annual Chili Dinner and Silent Auction will be tonight from 5:30-7:00 pm before the football game. Tickets: $5.00. Location: Culinary Arts building (located on the west side of the football stadium). To go orders are available by emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Proceeds go to the Bailey Family.
- Wampus Cat Football vs. Bryant at John McConnell Stadium - Senior Night.
- UCA's free theatre workshop called “Staging Your Future” for sophomores, juniors, and seniors on Saturday, November 7. For registration information, go to www.uca.edu/theatre/syf.
- Attention Shutterbug Club Members: Our November Workshop will be taking place at Crystal Bridges Art Museum in Bentonville on Saturday, November 7th. We will take a bus that will leave the school at 9:00 am.
- Cats Bank will be closed Monday, November 9.
- Attention Wampus Cat Family: Beginning Monday, November 9 until Thursday, November 19 we have the great privilege of helping the Backpack Program at CJHS. FBLA is sponsoring a food drive and collecting: Individual boxes of cereal, individual flavored instant oatmeal, Granola bars, easy mac cups, Ramen noodles – cups and packages, juice boxes, small jars of peanut butter, small jars of jelly, and mac and cheese – cups and packages, etc. A flyer will be in each of your classrooms with a detailed list. We will collect items during 5th period. We will have a contest based on number of items brought and a prize will be awarded to that classroom. Good nutrition is not only critical to good health, but also success in school. We do not want hunger to get in the way of education for our students.
- There will be a meeting for any student interested in wrestling Monday morning at 7:55 am in the old gym. You must attend this meeting or see Coach Frazier before.
- Senator Jason Rapert will be speaking in room 266 on Monday during BOTH lunches. Everyone is invited to welcome the Senator and hear him speak.
- Cats With Compassion Charity Toy Drive: Please help the JROTC, Caring Cats, and Wampus Cat Booster Club by bringing an unwrapped new toy or book to Basketball Madness at the Buzz Bolding Arena on Tuesday, November 10. All donations will be used with the Caring Cats Angel Paws Program. Service hours have been approved for Beta Club (max 1 hour for an average size toy or 2 small toys) and Caring Cats. Examples of donations include: Board games, coloring books, bikes, dolls, trucks, movies, gloves, hats or balls. Cash donations are also accepted. If unable to attend Basketball Madness, please give donations to Cheryl Daniels, Alye Bell, LTC Speck, or Beth Fluesmeier.
- Spring Baseball Interest meeting: There will be an informational meeting for all those interested in trying out for spring Baseball on Wednesday, November 11th. The meeting will be at 4:00 in the bleachers at the baseball field.
- There will be a softball interest meeting Wednesday, November 11th at 3:45 p.m. The meeting will be held at the High School PE gym in Coach Hughes’s room (Rm 501). Tryouts are open to girls in the 9th-12th grade who have a physical, concussion and consent form. Any girls interested need to attend. Tryouts will be tentatively set for the week following Thanksgiving.
- HOSA will be hosting a Frisbee tournament to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society on Saturday, November 14. Register as a team or an individual or just come watch the action! See Mrs. Busby in the Health Science building or a HOSA officer for details.
- Compass Test: Seniors – UACCM will be here to administer the Compass test on Tuesday, November 17. The cost is $15.00. To sign up, bring $15.00 (cash or money order made payable to UACCM) to Mrs. Bartholomew in the Counseling Center. There are limited spots available.
- Teachers and Sponsors: Do you have club, organization, or classroom events to share? We want your story. Please send pictures and complete information to email@example.com.
- Have you downloaded the Conway Public Schools App? Check iTunes or Google Play to keep up with calendars, announcements, and more.