- UCA Foundation scholarship applications are currently open. If you are planning to attend UCA, visit uca.edu/go/foundation-scholarships to apply. There are 303 scholarships available. The deadline is March 11.
- Key Club will meet today during both lunches, room 365 1st lunch. Guest speaker will be Amanda Mulhearne who will share her story behind the Freezin for a Reason race coming up in February. Bring your lunch and come hear how you can help support the Arkansas Children’s Miracle Network.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today at 3:30 pm in room 116.
- Model United Nations will meet today in room 263 at 3:30.
- The Conway PD Explorers will meet today at 5:00 pm at the Police Department. We will be receiving hands on CPR and First Aid training and receiving certification.
- The CHS Orchestra will be presenting our annual full orchestra concert on this evening beginning at 6:30 pm in the James H. Clark Auditorium on the CHS campus. This concert is a collaboration of the CHS music department with select woodwind, brass, percussion, and choir students performing with the strings. We are featuring two great senior soloists that many of you may have taught. Violinist Rachel Lance and cellist Allison Dombek sound wonderful!!! Both of these musicians are also National Merit Semi-Finalists, smart and talented! The CHS Chamber Choir is also joining us for our last piece, “O Fortuna” from Carl Orff’s Carmina Burana.
- Basketball: Conway vs. Greenwood, Friday at 3:30 pm in the Buzz Bolding Arena.
- Shutterbug Club Members: Join us on Saturday, January 16 from 3:00-6:00 pm for a live studio shoot with models. For more information and to sign up, see poster in the photography room 210.
- Young Republicans: Faulkner County Sheriff candidate Tim Ryals will be speaking during the Young Republican meeting next Tuesday, January 19 during BOTH lunches in room 266. He will be addressing important issues facing Faulkner County and addressing law enforcement relationships with citizens. All are invited to attend.
- Thea Foundation Scholarships are awarded solely on talent, never on test scores, GPAs or intent to major in the arts. Your scholarship will travel to any college you attend, but if you choose to attend one of our more than 20 education partners, including every 4-year college and many 2-year colleges in Arkansas, your scholarship could be matched with thousands more dollars in scholarship money.
Creative Writing: Deadline 11:59 pm, Monday 1/25/16
Fashion Design: Deadline 11:59 pm, Monday 3/7/16
Slam Poetry: Deadline 11:59 pm, Monday 3/14/16
Film: Deadline 3/18/16 (Extended deadline flyer)
- 10th and 11th Graders: Camp RYLA is a youth leadership camp sponsored by Rotary International Clubs. It is an excellent program for developing leadership skills, communication skills, and for networking with other youth leaders throughout the state. The local camp will take place March 31-April 3 at the 4-H Center in Ferndale, AR. Attendants are selected based on an application and interview process. Application packets are available in the counseling center and must be completed and returned to the counseling center by next Friday, January 22.
- Diversity Impact 2016: The University of Arkansas is pleased to invite your students to attend Diversity Impact 2016, a free student event designed specifically for the class of 2017. Diversity Impact will be offered during the spring semester on February 25th – 27th, 2016. Space is limited so in order for students to be considered for participation, they should complete the application and essay by January 26th. Click here for further details or come by the counseling center for a paper application.
- Teachers and Sponsors: Do you have club, organization, or classroom events to share? We want your story. Please send pictures and complete information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have you downloaded the Conway Public Schools App? Check iTunes or Google Play to keep up with calendars, announcements, and more.