- Quiz Bowl will meet today at 3:30 pm in room 114.
- Driver Education – Summer School: Registration starts today. Driver Education will be offered this summer at Conway Junior High School. Registration and fees must be turned in to Mrs. Sorenson in the south office at Conway Junior High School by Friday, May 20. Cost: $225 (cash or money order only). Dates: June 6 through June 30. Applications are available in the front office at Conway High School.
- The Young Democrats will meet Tuesday at 3:30 p.m. in room 263. We will discuss the political progression in today’s society.
- Soccer: Conway vs. Bryant, Tuesday 4:00 pm at John McConnell Stadium.
- Softball: Conway vs. Bryant, Tuesday 5:00 pm in Bryant.
- Baseball: 5:00 PM Conway vs. Bryant, Tuesday 5:00 pm at the CHS baseball field.
- Baseball: Conway vs. Searcy Wednesday 4:30 pm at the CHS baseball field.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet Thursday at 3:30 in room 116.
- Track: Wampus Cat Relays, Thursday 4:00 pm at the John McConnell Stadium.
- Quiz Bowl will meet Friday at 3:30 pm in room 114.
- Soccer: Conway vs. Greenwood, Friday 4:00 pm at Greenwood.
- Softball: Conway vs. Greenwood, Friday 5:00 pm at Greenwood.
- Baseball: Conway vs. Greenwood, Friday 5:00 pm at Greenwood.
- The Fellowship of Christian Athletes Scholarship deadline: Application is available in the Counseling Center. The application material must be received by April 8th, 2016. Scholarship award recipients will be notified in May.
- The Arkansas Post of the Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) scholarship deadline: The Arkansas Post will offer a minimum of two $2,000 scholarships to graduating high school seniors who are attending accredited school and pursuing architectural or construction-related field. The deadline for this scholarship is no later than April 8th, 2016. See the Counseling Center for application. Please address any questions regarding this scholarship to Al Rein at 1-501-340-1065 or email Albert.G.Rein@usace.army.mil
- The Conway Noon Lions Club scholarship deadline: $1000 scholarship to a deserving senior from Conway High. Students planning to attend a two or four year Arkansas college or university must have 2.5 or above GPA and at least 19 on ACT. Preference is given to students with a vision or hearing impairment. See the Counseling Center for more information.
- ACT Testing: The room assignments for the April 9 - ACT are posted in the east hallway on the first floor. Be sure to check your location before Saturday. Testing begins promptly at 8:00 am.
- UCA will hold a Bear Necessities Day (junior preview day) on April 9. Sessions will include college admissions, financial aid, housing, and academic advising. A free meal in the cafeteria is included! Space is very limited for this event. If you are interested, you will need to make an account on gopurple.uca.edu and click on the “Events” tab to register.
- ASU-Beebe will host a Preview Day on April 15, 2016, for juniors and seniors. Students can take tours of the campus, meet other prospective ASE-Beebe students and professors, eat lunch and participate in fun activities and will receive an ASU-Beebe t-shirt. To register for the event, go to http://www.asub.edu/admissions/preview-day/. Check-in begins at 8:00 am and the session will run from 9:00 am to noon.
- CHS 2016 Prom: Are you ready to have a “roaring good time” at Prom? This year’s theme is going to take us back to the Roaring “20’s” in the era of The Great Gatsby! Just picture it --- beautiful white, black and gold décor with lots of glitz and glam. We will have a photo area for pictures with photographers and props to make your pictures memorable! We will be serving hors d’oeuvres including a chocolate fountain! So come and dance the night away at an event to remember! For this year only, we will also be allowing 10th graders to attend prom with their dates! Dates must be in at least the 10th grade for all students. CHS Prom will be held at Ruth Doyle Intermediate School and will be from 8 pm to 12 am. Ticket prices are $20 per person and will be sold during both lunches beginning Monday, April 11th and ending Friday, April 15th. All ticket prices include all food and refreshments, one free picture per student at the photo station, the cost of the prom décor, and the prom DJ. Extra Prom Pictures from the photo station will be $1 each. Please join us for a night you won’t forget!
- Lifeguard Certification Class April 15-17 at UCA. If you are looking for a summer job, this would be the class you need for a fun summer job. Sign up at UCA - HPER Center, April 12 to secure your spot. Ask for Jennifer Boudreaux, the cost is $250.
- Scholarship Information: Keep up with the latest scholarship opportunities and deadlines at http://chs.conwayschools.org/scholarships.html.
- Download the Conway Public Schools App to receive CHS notifications on your phone. Check iTunes or Google Play to keep up with calendars, announcements, grades, and more.