- Today FBLA will start collecting change in all 2nd period classes. Please bring any loose change for the March of Dimes and help us stop the premature death of babies.
- Cats Bank will be closed today for FBLA meetings.
- It is that time of year again to start bringing your change for March of Dimes. Today through November 13, FBLA will be sponsoring a collection of change in your second period classes to raise money for this organization. The class with the highest amount given will receive a Donut/Orange Juice prize. Please help MOD stomp out premature death of babies by giving loose change.
- Model United Nations meeting today at 3:30 in room 263.
- Tour info: Have you ever wanted to go to Dublin or kiss the Blarney stone in Ireland, see a castle in Wales, visit Shakespeare’s birthplace, walk the streets of London, visit the Louvre and Notre Dame in Paris? Well this is your chance in 2017! Info meeting this evening at 6:30 - Rm 166.
- Tuesday November 3rd, FBLA will have a fundraiser at Pizza Inn. Proceeds of this will go to the backpack program at CJHS. This program supplies students with healthy food that is critical to good health. Beginning November 9th we will start a Food Drive to also help this program. Details will come later.
- The Young Democrats are bringing the chair of the Faulkner County Democratic Committee, Chris McDonald, to CHS to come share his political experiences in Conway. Please come show your support on Tuesday, November 3rd at 3:30 p.m. in room 263. Everyone is welcome.
- The Young Republicans will meet Tuesday, November 3rd during both lunches in room 266.
- FBLA will have a fundraiser on Tuesday at Pizza Inn. Proceeds of this will go to the backpack program at CJHS. This program supplies students with healthy food that is critical to good health. Starting November 9th we will start a Food Drive to also help this program.
- Red Cross Blood Drive permission deadline: DID YOU KNOW on any given day, an average of 38,000 units of red blood cells is needed for hospital patients in the US? HOSA and FBLA will host their semi-annual Red Cross Blood Drive on Friday, November 6! An FBLA representative will come to each 1st through 6th period study hall to hand out and/or take up permission slips. If you wish to donate and have a 7th period study hall or no study hall at all, please go by Mrs. Raup’s room (901 in the Career Center) to make the necessary arrangements. In order to donate blood, you must have a signed permission slip turned in by Wednesday, November 4, 2015.
- Model United Nations meeting at 3:30 in room 263.
- Attention Juniors and Seniors: The ASVAB will be given on November 5 to interested students. This is a free career exploration test, as well as an entry exam for students who are considering enlisting in the military. Space is limited. Sign up in the Counseling Center!
- The Creative Writing Club meets in room 116 at 3:30.
- Shutterbug Club / Crystal Bridges deadline: If you would like to attend please pick up a permission slip and put your name on the sign-up sheet in Mrs. Gill’s room 210. Deadline to sign up is November 5th.
- Prom Fundraiser: Want a great Prom? Dine in or carry out from Chick-fil-A this Thursday, November 5th from 5 pm to 8 pm to help CHS Student Council raise money. Drive-through orders do not count, so please come in!
- Wampus Cat Football vs. Bryant at John McConnell Stadium - Senior Night.
- UCA's free theatre workshop called “Staging Your Future” for sophomores, juniors, and seniors on Saturday, November 7. For registration information, go to www.uca.edu/theatre/syf.
- Attention Shutterbug Club Members: Our November Workshop will be taking place at Crystal Bridges Art Museum in Bentonville on Saturday, November 7th. We will take a bus that will leave the school at 9:00 am.
- There will be a softball interest meeting Wednesday, November 11th at 3:45 p.m. The meeting will be held at the High School PE gym in Coach Hughes’s room (Rm 501). Tryouts are open to girls in the 9th-12th grade who have a physical, concussion and consent form. Any girls interested need to attend. Tryouts will be tentatively set for the week following Thanksgiving.
- HOSA will be hosting a Frisbee tournament to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society on Saturday, November 14. Register as a team or an individual or just come watch the action! See Mrs. Busby in the Health Science building or a HOSA officer for details.
- Compass Test: Seniors – UACCM will be here to administer the Compass test on Tuesday, November 17. The cost is $15.00. To sign up, bring $15.00 (cash or money order made payable to UACCM) to Mrs. Bartholomew in the Counseling Center. There are limited spots available.
- Teachers and Sponsors: Do you have club, organization, or classroom events to share? We want your story. Please send pictures and complete information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have you downloaded the Conway Public Schools App? Check iTunes or Google Play to keep up with calendars, announcements, and more.