- Wampus Cat Beanies: If you would like to purchase a Wampus Cat pom pom beanie bring your $13 to Ms. Hunt in the Annex 610. There is a very limited supply.
- Key Club will meet during both lunches Thursday. Bring your lunch and hear about Leadership Traits as well as plans for service with Community Connections Top Soccer Program and the upcoming Chase Race. Be sure to sign up to help with the Fundraiser at Pizza Inn on Tuesday.
- U.S. Army: Today in front of the counseling center, Staff Sergeant Roberson with the United States Army will be visiting Conway High School. Come by and visit during your lunch.
- GT Seminar: 10th grade GT students will be notified via intercom.
- Model United Nations meeting today at 3:30 in room 263.
- The Creative Writing Club meets today at 3:30 pm in room 116.
- The Conway Police Explorers will meet today at 5 p.m. at the Conway Police Department. This week we will talk about and participate in different scenarios with traffic stops. Come out and feel what it’s like to be on the Law Enforcement side of a traffic stop!
- Signing Letters of Intent: Two baseball players will be signing their letters of intent to play baseball in college. The signings will take place today at 5:30 pm at the baseball field.
Truman Hamley – University of the Ozarks
- Lifeguard Classes: It is time to start thinking about a summer job. Why not become a lifeguard? Classes are being held March 4th-6th at UCA. Certifications from the course will be Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED. Cost $250 and recertification costs $100. Pay Jennifer Boudreaux at the UCA HPER Center, by February 26th, to secure your spot. Class Days and Times: 03/04, 4:30 - 9:00 pm; 03/05, 8:00 am - 6:00 pm; 03/06, 8:00 am - 6:00 pm.
- The Faulkner County Youth Leadership Institute is now taking applications for the 2016-2017 class. Application deadline: Friday, February 26, 2016. Interviews begin the week prior to Spring Break. All Faulkner County 10th and 11th grade students are eligible to apply. Please fill out the forms and mail them to P.O. Box 2656, Conway 72033. Click here for more information and to download application forms.
- CHS Swimming and Diving: State meet, Friday 3:00 pm in Bentonville.
- CHS Quiz Bowl practice Friday at 3:30 in room 114.
- Basketball: Conway vs. Alma, 3:30 pm Friday at Alma.
- CHS Swimming and Diving: State meet, Saturday 10:00 am Bentonville.
- Baseball Benefit Game: Conway vs.Rogers, 12:00 noon Saturday at the CHS baseball field.
- Baseball Benefit Game: Conway vs.Bentonville, 2:00 pm Saturday at the CHS baseball field.
- Red Cross Blood Drive: Did you know the Red Cross needs to collect at least 400 units of blood each day to meet the needs of hospital patients in Arkansas, Southwest Missouri, and the Mid-South? HOSA and FBLA will host their Red Cross Blood Drive on Friday, March 4! FBLA representatives will come to each 1st through 6th period study halls to hand out and/or take up permission slips. If you wish to donate and have a 7th period study hall or no study hall at all, please go by Mrs. Raup’s room (901 in the Career Center) to make the necessary arrangements. In order to donate blood, you must have a signed permission slip turned in by Wednesday, March 2, 2016!
- Tug of War: After a decade of waiting, the Conway High School Tug of War is back! The Career Center will be hosting the Tug of War tournament on March 18th at the Conway High School football field. Students can create teams of 8 to compete in three divisions: male, female, and coed. Coed teams must have 4 girls. The cost to make a team is $10 per person, $80 total per team. Each team member will receive a t-shirt. The deadline to register a team is March 4th. Students not competing can purchase t-shirts by pre-ordering them by March 4th. The cost per shirt is $10. During the week of March 18th, students can purchase tickets for $1 and will get out of class after 2nd lunch to watch. Concessions will be available and prizes will be given out to spectators. All proceeds will benefit Arkansas Children’s Hospital.
- Cheer Tryouts: Students interested in trying out for CHS varsity cheer can pick up a cheer information packet from the front office. Tryouts will be conducted March 7-10. All forms in the packet will need to be completed, signed, and brought to the first day of tryouts. The packet can also be found on the CHS athletic website.
- Thea Foundation Scholarships are awarded solely on talent, never on test scores, GPAs or intent to major in the arts. Your scholarship will travel to any college you attend, but if you choose to attend one of our more than 20 education partners, including every 4-year college and many 2-year colleges in Arkansas, your scholarship could be matched with thousands more dollars in scholarship money.
Slam Poetry: Deadline 11:59 pm, Monday 3/14/16
Film: Deadline 3/18/16 (Extended deadline flyer)
- UCA Foundation scholarship applications are currently open. If you are planning to attend UCA, visit uca.edu/go/foundation-scholarships to apply. There are 303 scholarships available. The deadline is March 11.
- Scholarship Information: Keep up with the latest scholarship opportunities and deadlines at http://chs.conwayschools.org/scholarships.html.
- Download the Conway Public Schools App to receive CHS notifications on your phone. Check iTunes or Google Play to keep up with calendars, announcements, grades, and more.