- Congratulations to the ProStart Restaurant Management team (Emily Floyd, Laura Lasker, Meghan Smith, and Johnathon Riddle) for placing 3rd in the State and also to the 2016 ProStart Culinary Arts team (Logan Dunn, Ryan Henderson, Staci Simmons, and Joe Wollmeringer) for placing first in the State. The Culinary Team will be traveling to Dallas to compete in Nationals.
- Tug-of-War is tomorrow! If you haven’t already done so, please purchase your wristband for entry from the table during lunch today! The price for a wristband will increase to $2.00 on Friday, so get your wristbands today! If you do not purchase a wristband, you will be sent to study hall for the remainder of the day and you will be missing out on the Tug of War tournament featuring over 25 teams. Prizes from Arkansas Children’s Hospital including cups, hats, t-shirts, Frisbees and concessions from Ed’s Bakery, Julie’s Sweetshop, Patty Cakes Bakery, Andy’s Custard, Pizza Hut, and Smoothie King. Come out on this Friday for an afternoon of food, fun and raising money for Arkansas Children’s Hospital.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet Thursday at 3:30 pm in room 116.
- Diversity Arts Fest: In honor of Black History Month and Women’s History Month, CHS is holding its second annual Diversity Arts Fest at the James H. Clark Auditorium TONIGHT at 6:00 p.m. The performance will feature talented CHS students performing pieces of music, poetry, and prose written by prominent African American and female artists. The keynote speaker will be Ms. Dianne Curry who is running for the U.S. Congress in Arkansas’ second congressional district. Please come out to support your fellow classmates and to enjoy a night filled with diversity appreciation.
- Girls and Boys Soccer: Conway vs. Russellville, Thursday 4:00 pm at John D. MConnell Stadium.
- Softball: Conway vs. Russellville, Thursday 5:00 pm at the CHS softball field.
- Baseball: Conway vs. Russellville, Thursday 5:00 pm at the CHS baseball field.
- CHS Tug-of-War: After a decade of waiting, the Conway High School Tug of War is back! The Career Center will be hosting the Tug of War tournament on March 18th at the Conway High School football field. During the week of March 18th, students can purchase tickets for $1 and will get out of class after 2nd lunch to watch. Concessions will be available and prizes will be given out to spectators. All proceeds will benefit Arkansas Children’s Hospital.
- Quiz Bowl will meet Friday at 3:30 pm in room 114.
- Shelter Insurance Foundation Scholarship Deadline: Pick up an application in the Counseling Center and return it no later than Friday, March 18.
- Henderson State University is honoring High School Juniors by inviting them to participate in the Henderson 100 program. The Henderson 100 is a two day event scheduled for April 29th & 30th. This allows juniors the opportunity to sit in on classes of interest, talk to other university students, campus tour and see what dorm life is really about. There is no cost to students attending this program. The application and academic interest form must be filled out and returned no later than March 18th. See the Counseling Center for more information.
- The UAMS College of Pharmacy Summer Camp Program is designed for high school rising seniors and recently graduated high school students entering college interested in learning more about the challenging career pathway opportunities in the profession of pharmacy. This unique camp incorporates active participation in a broad scope of learning experiences including “hands-on” training in pharmacy practice skills, lectures by College of Pharmacy faculty and local Arkansas pharmacist practitioners, and field trips to actual pharmacy practice locations. Students currently in their junior and senior year of high school are eligible to apply. Application, official transcript, ACT scores, and two sealed letters of recommendation and must be postmarked no later than Friday, March 18, 2016. See the Counseling Center for more information.
- Softball: Fayetteville/Farmington Tournament, Friday in Fayetteville.
- Softball: Fayetteville/Farmington Tournament, Saturday in Fayetteville.
- CHS 2016 Prom: Are you ready to have a “roaring good time” at Prom? This year’s theme is going to take us back to the Roaring “20’s” in the era of The Great Gatsby! Just picture it --- beautiful white, black and gold décor with lots of glitz and glam. We will have a photo area for pictures with photographers and props to make your pictures memorable! We will be serving hors d’oeuvres including a chocolate fountain! So come and dance the night away at an event to remember! For this year only, we will also be allowing 10th graders to attend prom with their dates! Dates must be in at least the 10th grade for all students. CHS Prom will be held at Ruth Doyle Intermediate School and will be from 8 pm to 12 am. Ticket prices are $20 per person and will be sold during both lunches beginning Monday, April 11th and ending Friday, April 15th. All ticket prices include all food and refreshments, one free picture per student at the photo station, the cost of the prom décor, and the prom DJ. Extra Prom Pictures from the photo station will be $1 each. Please join us for a night you won’t forget!
- Lifeguard Certification Class April 15-17 at UCA. If you are looking for a summer job, this would be the class you need for a fun summer job. Sign up at UCA - HPER Center, April 12 to secure your spot. Ask for Jennifer Boudreaux, the cost is $250.
- Scholarship Information: Keep up with the latest scholarship opportunities and deadlines at http://chs.conwayschools.org/scholarships.html.
- Download the Conway Public Schools App to receive CHS notifications on your phone. Check iTunes or Google Play to keep up with calendars, announcements, grades, and more.