- The Conway High School Tug of War will have a table set up during both lunches this week for students to create teams, order t-shirts, and purchase wristbands for entry. The deadline to enter a team or order a t-shirt is Friday, March 4th. Stop by the table during lunch to learn more information.
- Boys and Girls State (Juniors): Are you interested in learning about the political process of Arkansas. If so, then Boys and Girls State may be for you. There will be an informational meeting today during both lunches in Mr. Richardson’s room (263).
- U.S. Navy: Staff Sgt. Roberson with the U.S. Navy will be visiting today in front of the counseling center to discuss general questions about their program. Come by and visit during your lunch.
- Model United Nations: All Model UN members who will be attending this weekend’s conference need to attend the Model UN meeting today after school at 3:30 in room 263.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today at 3:30 in room 116
- Red Cross Blood Drive: Don't forget if you are donating blood --- getting plenty of fluids leading up to your donation can help your donation go more smoothly. So make sure to be drinking more water! Eat a healthy meal before your donation. Avoid fatty foods, such as hamburgers, fries or ice cream before donating. Fatty foods can affect the tests Red Cross does on your blood. HOSA and FBLA will host their semi-annual Red Cross Blood Drive on Friday, March 4! You should be receiving a reminder letter and a pass to get out of class. If you do not receive one today, please come by room 901 in the Career Center.
- State Basketball Tournament, Conway Lady Cats vs. Springdale/Cabot at 4:00 pm in Cabot.
- CHS Softball: Conway vs. CAC 4:30 pm today at Burns Park.
- CHS Soccer: Conway vs. Maumelle, 5:15 pm today at John McConnell Stadium.
- Orchestra Concert: Today at 6:30 pm in the James H. Clark Auditorium.
- CHS Internship Program: Attention all juniors who have a career focus! Now is the time to apply to the CHS Internship Program for your senior year! If you qualify, you will be able to leave school during the day to go to work and “earn while you learn.” For more information about this opportunity, ask a Career Center teacher or see Mrs. Bell, Internship Coordinator, by March 4.
- CHS Quiz Bowl will practice Friday at 3:30 in room 114.
- Tug of War registration deadline: After a decade of waiting, the Conway High School Tug of War is back! The Career Center will be hosting the Tug of War tournament on March 18th at the Conway High School football field. Students can create teams of 8 to compete in three divisions: male, female, and coed. Coed teams must have 4 girls. The cost to make a team is $10 per person, $80 total per team. Each team member will receive a t-shirt. The deadline to register a team is March 4th. Students not competing can purchase t-shirts by pre-ordering them by March 4th. The cost per shirt is $10. During the week of March 18th, students can purchase tickets for $1 and will get out of class after 2nd lunch to watch. Concessions will be available and prizes will be given out to spectators. All proceeds will benefit Arkansas Children’s Hospital.
- Delta Sigma Theta Scholarship deadline: 2016-17 scholarships for graduating seniors in public high schools in Faulkner, Lonoke, Pulaski, Saline, and White counties. This scholarship will assist two students furthering their education at an Arkansas college or university. One male and one female will be selected based on academic performance, participation in school, community, leadership qualities and character. The application must be postmarked by March 4th, 2016.
- State Basketball Tournament, Cabot.
- Soccer Tournament at John McConnell Stadium.
- CHS Baseball: Conway vs Fort Smith Northside, Friday 4:30 pm at the CHS baseball field.
- UCA Bear Facts Day: This includes a campus tour, information about housing, financial aid, professions and departments. Lunch is provided. Register at https://uca.edu/admissions/bear-facts-day/.
- State Basketball Tournament, Cabot.
- Soccer Tournament Saturday at John McConnell Stadium.
- CHS Baseball: Conway vs. El Dorado doubleheader, Saturday 1:00 pm at the CHS baseball field.
- Baseball signing: Christian Hamilton will sign with Crowley’s Ridge Community College for baseball on Monday, March 7 at 3:30 in the front lobby.
- Compass Test (Seniors): UACCM will be here on Tuesday, March 8 to give the Compass test. There are limited spots available. To sign up, take $15 cash or money order to Mrs. Bartholomew in the counseling center.
- Cheer Tryouts: Students interested in trying out for CHS varsity cheer can pick up a cheer information packet from the front office. Tryouts will be conducted March 7-10. All forms in the packet will need to be completed, signed, and brought to the first day of tryouts. The packet can also be found on the CHS athletic website.
- UCA Foundation scholarship applications are currently open. If you are planning to attend UCA, visit uca.edu/go/foundation-scholarships to apply. There are 303 scholarships available. The deadline is March 11.
- UACCM is offering a “#moreinMorrilton” information session on Saturday, March 12, 2016. Students will visit with instructors and representatives in areas of interest, learn about financial aid, interact with a student panel and see if UACCM is a good fit. R.S.V.P. online or by phone. For more details see the counseling center for the flyer.
- Varsity Dance Tryouts: Any student interested in trying out for CHS Varsity Dance will need to pick up a dance information packet from the front office. Tryouts will be conducted March 14-18. All forms in the packet will need to be completed, signed, and brought to the first day of tryouts. The packet can also be found on the CHS athletic website.
- Thea Foundation Scholarships are awarded solely on talent, never on test scores, GPAs or intent to major in the arts. Your scholarship will travel to any college you attend, but if you choose to attend one of our more than 20 education partners, including every 4-year college and many 2-year colleges in Arkansas, your scholarship could be matched with thousands more dollars in scholarship money.
Slam Poetry: Deadline 11:59 pm, Monday 3/14/16
Film: Arkansas Historic Places deadline 3/27/16 (Extended deadline other film entries)
- Scholarship Information: Keep up with the latest scholarship opportunities and deadlines at http://chs.conwayschools.org/scholarships.html.
- Download the Conway Public Schools App to receive CHS notifications on your phone. Check iTunes or Google Play to keep up with calendars, announcements, grades, and more.