- Key Club will meet today during both lunches. The newly elected Governor of the Missouri Arkansas District, Doc Kassner, will be our guest speaker. Come hear about the newest service opportunities and how you can impact your community.
- Creative Writing Club will meet today at 3:30 in room 116.
- Conway Wampus Cats 4th Annual Wellness Expo: The Wampus Cats Wellness Expo is a school and community partnership to provide wellness incentives to the families of Conway’s schools. This is a concerted effort to enrich the lives of our students and parents by providing a night of fun and fitness. This is a district-wide effort which includes all of Conway’s schools. The event is tonight 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm in the Buzz Bolding Arena.
- Janice M. Scott Memorial Scholarship Fund deadline: The Janice M. Scott Memorial Scholarship Fund has been established to honor Mrs. Scott who was among the 125 individuals who perished in Pentagon during the attacks by terrorists on the morning of September 11, 2001. The foundation will issue between three and five $2,500 scholarships this year. The application, criteria sheet, and check list are online and must be completed and mailed by today. http://scholarshipmentor.com/janice-m-scott-memorial-scholarship
- Quiz Bowl will meet Friday at 3:30 pm in room 114.
- CHS Track: Friday at 4:00 pm in Russellville.
- CHS Baseball: Conway vs. Alma Friday at 5:00 pm in Alma.
- CHS Softball: Softball Tournament Friday at the CHS softball field.
- Toad Suck Daze GetSmart Challenge Scholarship Endowment: Deadline to apply is April 1. The Toad Suck Daze Community Service Scholarship was established to foster an opportunity for civic responsibility, education, outreach and community growth among Faulkner County youth. To date $1.5 million has either been given in the form of a direct scholarship to approximately 302 Faulkner County students, or has been endowed with Central Baptist College, Hendrix College, University of Central Arkansas, and the Arkansas Faulkner County Community Foundation. Scholarship application can found on the Arkansas Community Foundation’s scholarship website, www.arcf.org/students/browsescholarships.
- Arkansas Teachers of English of Other Languages (ARKTESOL) Scholarship is offering a $500.00 scholarship. Applications can be_ picked up in the counseling center or on the ARKTESOL website http://arktesol.org.
- The Faulkner County Fair Board Scholarship is open to any senior graduating from a Faulkner County High School. The applicant must have participated in activities of the Faulkner County Fair whether in showing of livestock, home economics, volunteering or in other capacities. Selection will be based upon participation in the fair, extracurricular activities, volunteer work, GPA, ACT, and essay. Application deadline is April 1st, 2016. See CHS Counseling Center for application.
- The Arkansas School Plant Management Association (ASPMA) seeks to promote continued education by offering scholarships to deserving students in recognition of their leadership, scholastic achievement and civic participation. Any graduating HS senior planning to attend a college/university, vo-technical, or trade school is eligible to apply. The scholarship deadline is April 1st, 2016. See the Counseling Center for information.
- The Jon Robbins Memorial Scholarship offers a $500-$3,000 college scholarship to a Conway High School graduate.See the Counseling Center to apply or apply online at http://www.arcf.org/.
- CHS Baseball: Conway vs. Fayetteville Saturday at 1:00 pm, CHS baseball field.
- CHS Softball: Softball Tournament at the CHS softball field.
- Driver Education – Summer School: Registration starts Monday, April 4, please see Mrs. Sorenson in the South Office at Conway Junior High School. All fees must be paid by Friday, May 20. Cost: $225 – cash or money order ONLY. Class starts on Monday, June 6 at 8:00 am through Thursday, June 30. Information and applications available at the front desk at CHS.
- The Young Democrats will meet Tuesday, April 5th at 3:30 p.m. in room 263. We will discuss the political progression in today’s society.
- UCA will hold a Bear Necessities Day (junior preview day) on April 9. Sessions will include college admissions, financial aid, housing, and academic advising. A free meal in the cafeteria is included! Space is very limited for this event. If you are interested, you will need to make an account on gopurple.uca.edu and click on the “Events” tab to register._
- ASU-Beebe will host a Preview Day on April 15, 2016, for juniors and seniors. Students can take tours of the campus, meet other prospective ASE-Beebe students and professors, eat lunch and participate in fun activities and will receive an ASU-Beebe t-shirt. To register for the event, go to http://www.asub.edu/admissions/preview-day/. Check-in begins at 8:00 am and the session will run from 9:00 am to noon.
- CHS 2016 Prom: Are you ready to have a “roaring good time” at Prom? This year’s theme is going to take us back to the Roaring “20’s” in the era of The Great Gatsby! Just picture it --- beautiful white, black and gold décor with lots of glitz and glam. We will have a photo area for pictures with photographers and props to make your pictures memorable! We will be serving hors d’oeuvres including a chocolate fountain! So come and dance the night away at an event to remember! For this year only, we will also be allowing 10th graders to attend prom with their dates! Dates must be in at least the 10th grade for all students. CHS Prom will be held at Ruth Doyle Intermediate School and will be from 8 pm to 12 am. Ticket prices are $20 per person and will be sold during both lunches beginning Monday, April 11th and ending Friday, April 15th. All ticket prices include all food and refreshments, one free picture per student at the photo station, the cost of the prom décor, and the prom DJ. Extra Prom Pictures from the photo station will be $1 each. Please join us for a night you won’t forget!
- Lifeguard Certification Class April 15-17 at UCA. If you are looking for a summer job, this would be the class you need for a fun summer job. Sign up at UCA - HPER Center, April 12 to secure your spot. Ask for Jennifer Boudreaux, the cost is $250.
- Scholarship Information: Keep up with the latest scholarship opportunities and deadlines at http://chs.conwayschools.org/scholarships.html.
- Download the Conway Public Schools App to receive CHS notifications on your phone. Check iTunes or Google Play to keep up with calendars, announcements, grades, and more.