- National History Day Winners: Congratulations to the following students who advanced to National History Day competition in Washington, D.C. following their success at Saturday’s State History Day competition. 1st place in Individual Web Site Design – Lauren Campbell; 1st place in Historical Paper – Joe Coker; 1st place in Individual Performance – Hadiyah Cummings; 1st place in Group Documentary – Mary Nail and Kennedy Reynolds; 1st place in Group Performance – Andrea Beggs, Maggie Carroll, Neely Caudle, Avery Glover, and Will LaRue. Conway High School had the most first place finishes among the schools at the competition. Congratulations to all for a great effort!
- State Choral Winners: Congratulations to the Conway High School Camerata Singers for earning straight Division I Superior ratings at the State Choral Performance Assessment as well as earning the Sweepstakes Award for earning Superior I ratings in sight reading. Their scores placed them 2nd in the state for 7A Large Choir. Please celebrate this accomplishment with them!
- Prom Pictures: Students who had a picture made at prom can pick them up in the media center TODAY during both lunches. Pictures not picked up today will be discarded.
- SENIORS: To request that a copy of your final transcript, test scores, and shot records be sent to a college, university, vocational school, NCAA Clearinghouse, etc., please provide the information on the print-out on the table outside Mrs. Jones’ office. Please read the instructions, if you need help or have questions, see Mrs. Jones, Registrar. Remember, if you had a seven (7) semester transcript mailed earlier to an institute of higher learning they will need a final copy.
- CHS Cafeteria Notice: Seniors need to pay cafeteria charges ASAP to assure that you get your diploma at graduation. You can pay any cashier during lunch or breakfast. If you are not sure of your balance you may ask any cashier. All charges carry over from K-12th grade, so if you charged in the past and have not eaten here you may still owe money. Starting May 1st there will be no charging for anyone in the cafeteria. An alternate meal of turkey sandwich and milk will be offered for those not having money on that date through the end of school.
- Young Democrats will meet today at 3:30 in room 263 to discuss future plans for the election season.
- Voter Registration: Students are you 18 and a registered voter? If you are 18 and not a registered voter, listen up. The Phi Mu Mu Graduate Chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc. is hosting a Voter Registration here at Conway High School on April 19th and 20th in the cafeteria. Please stop by and visit with them to get registered.
- Softball (V/JV): Conway vs. Russellville, Tuesday at 5:00 pm in Russellville.
- Baseball (V/JV): Conway vs. Ft. Smith Southside, Wednesday 5:00 pm at the CHS baseball field.
- Soccer (G/B): Conway vs. Pulaski Academy, Wednesday 5:15 pm at John McConnell Stadium.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet Thursday at 3:30 in room 116.
- The Eliminate Project is Kiwanis International’s global campaign to help eliminate maternal and neonatal tetanus from the face of the Earth. Some quick facts: (1) One baby dies every 9 minutes from tetanus; (2) 160 babies die each day from tetanus; (3) $1.80 will purchase a vaccine that protects a woman and her future babies from tetanus. Please join CHS Key Club in our annual Eliminate Walk on Thursday, April 21st, from 11:00-12:30. A $15 donation will allow you to participate or you can get sponsors to contribute. You can sign up at the table in the cafeteria or get more information. Money must be turned in by Wednesday, April 20th to be able to participate. Our Kiwanis family will provide refreshments while you walk.
- Track: Thursday at 4:00 pm in Fort Smith.
- Quiz Bowl will meet Friday at 3:30 pm in room 114.
- University of Arkansas, Monticello: The School of Forestry and Natural Resources invites students to participate in a field trip day taking place on the UAM campus, Friday, April 22nd, 2016. The goal of the program is to help students gain a better understanding of conservation and management of natural resources. Professionals will be available to discuss careers and educational opportunities in Forestry and Natural Resources. For more information please call Tiffany Osborne at 1-870-460-1549 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Musical: Conway High School will present the musical Seven Brides for Seven Brothers on the following dates: Thursday, April 21 at 7:00 pm --- Friday, April 22 at 7:00 pm --- Saturday, April 23 at 1:00 pm and at 7:00 pm. Tickets may be purchased at the door --- $6 for adults and $4 for students (ages 4-12th grade). All performances will be held at the James H. Clark Auditorium. Come see our talented students perform!
- Cats Bank: If you have an account with Cats Bank, you need to close this out by April 22.
- Soccer (B/G): Conway vs. Van Buren, Friday 4:00 pm at John McConnel Stadium.
- Softball (V/JV): Conway vs. Van Buren, Friday 5:00 pm at the CHS softball field.
- Baseball (V/JV): Conway vs. Van Buren, Friday 5:00 pm at the CHS baseball field.
- Special Olympics: Saturday at John McConnell Stadium.
- Baseball (JV): Conway vs. NLR, Saturday at North Little Rock, time TBA.
- Baseball (V): Conway vs. Benton, Saturday 1:00 pm at the CHS baseball field.
- Scholarship Deadline: The Law Offices of Alan DeVar is offering a Safe Arkansas Scholarship and Video Contest with prizes ranging from $250 - $1,500 to graduating Arkansas high school students. Entries must be submitted by April 24th, 2016. Go to the link below for further details.
- Pulaski Tech in North Little Rock will hold an Open House on Tuesday, April 26, from 5:00 – 7:00 pm. For more information, pick up a flyer in the counseling center.
- Signings: April 27th, we have two athletes signing their National Letters of Intent to run cross country and track in college. Elise Moix and Toler Freyaldenhoven will both be attending Rhodes College in Memphis. Their signings will take place on April 27th at 3:30 pm in the Buzz Bolding Arena.
- Driver Education – Summer School: Driver Education will be offered this summer at Conway Junior High School. Registration and fees must be turned in to Mrs. Sorenson in the south office at Conway Junior High School by Friday, May 20. Cost: $225 (cash or money order only). Dates: June 6 through June 30. Applications are available in the front office at Conway High School.
- ACT Boost Class: Conway Public Schools is offering an ACT Boost class designed to increase student’s ACT scores. The prep program is a comprehensive program that includes both online and face-to-face support. The online component is completed through home access to ACT test prep materials from May to September. The face-to-face support occurs the first week of August. The cost of the class is $65. Students can locate the registration form in the counseling center. Please complete form with payment and return to the counseling center by May 3rd, 2016.
- Bricks for the Wampus Cat Courtyard can now be purchased to honor the Class of 2016. Bricks are $100 and can be purchased to honor a senior or a group of seniors. Bricks are placed in the Wampus Cat Courtyard between the high school building and the cafeteria. You can order online at cpsfoundation.com/courtyard. The deadline is May 31. Great idea for graduation gifts!
- Scholarship Information: Keep up with the latest scholarship opportunities and deadlines at http://chs.conwayschools.org/scholarships.html.
- Download the Conway Public Schools App to receive CHS notifications on your phone. Check iTunes or Google Play to keep up with calendars, announcements, grades, and more.