- The Media Center will be closed today and Wednesday after 3rd period.
- The College of the Ozarks will be visiting today in front of the counseling center to discuss general questions about the university, applications, housing, financial aid and scholarship opportunities. Come by and visit during your lunch.
- CHS Cafeteria Notice: Seniors need to pay cafeteria charges ASAP to assure that you get your diploma at graduation. You can pay any cashier during lunch or breakfast. If you are not sure of your balance you may ask any cashier. All charges carry over from K-12th grade, so if you charged in the past and have not eaten here you may still owe money. Starting May 1st there will be no charging for anyone in the cafeteria. An alternate meal of turkey sandwich and milk will be offered for those not having money on that date through the end of school.
- Seniors: To have a copy of your final transcript, test scores, and shot records mailed to a college, university, vocational school, NCAA Clearinghouse, etc., please provide the information on the print-out (big spiral book) on the table in the front lobby outside Mrs. Jones’ office. Read the instructions and then if you need help see Mrs. Jones, Registrar. Remember, if you had a seven semester transcript mailed earlier to a college, they will require an official transcript with your final grades and the graduation date from your high school.
- Baseball (JV): Conway vs. White Hall, 4:30 pm today at White Hall.
- Pulaski Tech in North Little Rock will hold an Open House tonight from 5:00 – 7:00 pm. For more information, pick up a flyer in the counseling center.
- Signings: There will be two signings on Wednesday at the Buzz Bolding Arena. Toler Freyaldenhoven and Elise Moix sign with Rhodes College in Memphis at 3:30 pm.
- The Eliminate Walk has been rescheduled for this Thursday! Any student is eligible to participate that raises or contributes $15 to the project and turns their money in by the end of the day Wednesday. Students will report to the track after 3rd period Thursday and will return to classes by the beginning of 5th period. Lunch will be provided – see Mrs. Sutterfield in room 365 or sign up during lunch at the table in the cafeteria.
- Track: High School Conference Track Meet, Thursday 10:00 am in Cabot.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet at 3:30 on Thursday in room 116.
- Signing: Austin Pavatt signs with Letourneau University Longview, TX at 3:30 pm on Thursday in the Buzz Bolding Arena.
- Parent Night, ACT/PSAT Boost Class: There will be a parent night for those who are interested in taking the summer ACT/PSAT Boost class offered through Conway Public Schools. The meeting will be held in the lecture hall at Conway High School from 5:30 to 6:30 pm. Register online at http://gt.conwayschools.org/test-prep-registration-form.html or pick up a form in the CHS counseling center. For further questions, please email email@example.com.
- The Conway Progressive Club scholarship application is available for senior girls in the counseling center. You must have at least 2.8 cumulative GPA and be attending college in Conway. Deadline is April 29.
- Soccer (G/B): Conway vs. Bryant, Friday 4:00 pm in Bryant.
- Softball (V/JV): Conway vs. Bryant, Friday 5:00 pm at the CHS softball field.
- Baseball (V/JV): Conway vs. Bryant, Friday 5:00 pm in Bryant.
- The Conway Alumni Chapter Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. is now accepting applications for college scholarships from qualified high school seniors who live in Central Arkansas. The scholarships are typically one year, from $500-$1000 non-renewable. Scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement, community service activities and financial need with a minimum GPA of 2.75. Applications available in the counselor center, deadline is April 30th.
- The CHS Honor Graduate program will be held on Tuesday, May 3rd in the auditorium. Please note the corrected start time is 6:00 pm. Come celebrate our students!
- Upcoming Athletic Events:
May 2 – Boys Physicals at the Arena
May 3 – Senior Night for Softball, Baseball, and Soccer Teams
May 4 – Girls Physicals at the Arena
May 5 – High School State Track Meet at Conway High School Stadium
- Media Center deadlines: No library books will be checked out past May 6th. ALL library books MUST be turned in on this date, Friday, May 6.
- Driver Education – Summer School: Driver Education will be offered this summer at Conway Junior High School. Registration and fees must be turned in to Mrs. Sorenson in the south office at Conway Junior High School by Friday, May 20. Cost: $225 (cash or money order only). Dates: June 6 through June 30. Applications are available in the front office at Conway High School.
- ACT Boost Class: Conway Public Schools is offering an ACT Boost class designed to increase student’s ACT scores. The prep program is a comprehensive program that includes both online and face-to-face support. The online component is completed through home access to ACT test prep materials from May to September. The face-to-face support occurs the first week of August. The cost of the class is $65. Students can locate the registration form in the counseling center. Please complete form with payment and return to the counseling center by May 3rd, 2016.
- Bricks for the Wampus Cat Courtyard can now be purchased to honor the Class of 2016. Bricks are $100 and can be purchased to honor a senior or a group of seniors. Bricks are placed in the Wampus Cat Courtyard between the high school building and the cafeteria. You can order online at cpsfoundation.com/courtyard. The deadline is May 31. Great idea for graduation gifts!
- Selective Service System: It is a young man’s civic duty and legal obligation to register with Selective Service; however, many students do not know that there is a registration requirement. By not registering, men risk their eligibility for future college loans and grants, job training, employment, and U.S. citizenship for immigrants. Registration is quick, easy, and it’s the law. You can either register with Selective Service online at www.sss.gov or at any U.S. post office.
- Scholarship Information: Keep up with the latest scholarship opportunities and deadlines at http://chs.conwayschools.org/scholarships.html.
- Download the Conway Public Schools App to receive CHS notifications on your phone. Check iTunes or Google Play to keep up with calendars, announcements, grades, and more.