- The Young Democrats are hosting democratic sheriff candidate Wefus Tyus on Tuesday, February 16th in room 263 at 3:30. We will also be taking Young Democrat club photos at this time. Please wear your club shirt and come show your support. Snacks will be provided.
- Regency Beauty Institute will be visiting us today in front of the counseling center to discuss general questions about their program. Come by and visit during your lunch.
- Basketball: Conway vs. Mount St. Mary/Catholic High at 5:00 pm in the Arena.
- Attention Shutterbug Club Members: On Wednesday, February 17th we will be hosting a workshop on Food Photography in room 210 at 3:45 p.m. Sign up in Mrs. Gill’s room (210).
- Model United Nations will meet Wednesday, February 17th in Mr. Richardson’s room at 3:30.
- CHS Bowling: State Bowling Tournament in Cabot.
- National Youth Science Camp: The National Youth Science Foundation is seeking applicants for the 2016 National Youth Science Camp (NYSC). Two high school seniors will receive a full scholarship to exchange ideas with scientists and other professionals from the academic and corporate worlds. This a month-long experience including lectures and hands-on research projects presented by scientists from across the nation. The NYSC experience is offered at no cost to its participants. Application forms are available at http://apply.nysc.org and must be submitted by 6:00 pm on February 17th, 2016.
- Model United Nations will meet Thursday, February 18th in Mr. Richardson’s room at 3:30.
- The Creative Writing club will meet Thursday at 3:30 pm in room 116.
- Quiz Bowl will meet Friday at 3:30 pm in room 114.
- Join HOSA for a fun night of bowling to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Come out to socialize with friends and have a great time while benefiting a worthwhile cause. Games start at 5:00 pm until when everyone leaves THIS FRIDAY. Hope to see you there.
- CHS Wrestling: Wrestling State Tournament at UALR.
- Basketball: Conway vs. Siloam Springs at 3:30 pm in Siloam Springs.
- Spirit of Anne Frank Awards deadline: These awards are given out each year to students who have proven themselves exceptional leaders in combating intolerance, prejudice and injustice in their communities. Scholarship awards are available to high school seniors in the United States who are attending a four year college in the fall of 2016. Apply at http://annefrank.com/about-the-awards/
- The UAMS Pharmacy Camp application deadline: The UAMS College of Pharmacy Camp is designed for high school students entering college interested in learning more about the challenging career pathway opportunities in the profession of pharmacy. Application, official transcript, ACT scores and two sealed letters of recommendation must be postmarked no later than Friday, February 19th, 2016. For more information log onto http://pharmcollege.uams.edu/prospective-students/pharmacy-camp/.
- UCA Bear Facts Day: Visit Bear Facts Days at UCA. This includes a campus tour, information about housing, financial aid, professions, and departments. Lunch is provided as well.
- Free Shopping Day: The First United Methodist Church is inviting our high school girls to a FREE SHOPPING DAY for formal dresses accessories, which includes shoes, jewelry and purses. This will be held on Saturday, February 20th at the First United Methodist Church. If interested, go by the counseling center and speak with Mrs. Bartholomew.
- CHS Wrestling: Wrestling State Tournament at UALR.
- Experience UALR Day: High school seniors are invited to attend Experience UALR days. This is a great opportunity for students to attend college classes, enjoy campus dining, tour on campus housing and cheer on the Trojan basketball team. This event is free for students and their families. The RSVP form can be found at ualr.edu/admissions/experience. The next date is Thursday, February 25.
- Lifeguard Classes: It is time to start thinking about a summer job. Why not become a lifeguard? Classes are being held March 4th-6th at UCA. Certifications from the course will be Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED. Cost $250 and recertification costs $100. Pay Jennifer Boudreaux at the UCA HPER Center, by February 26th, to secure your spot. Class Days and Times: 03/04, 4:30 - 9:00 pm; 03/05, 8:00 am - 6:00 pm; 03/06, 8:00 am - 6:00 pm.
- The Faulkner County Youth Leadership Institute is now taking applications for the 2016-2017 class. Application deadline: Friday, February 26, 2016. Interviews begin the week prior to Spring Break. All Faulkner County 10th and 11th grade students are eligible to apply. Please fill out the forms and mail them to P.O. Box 2656, Conway 72033. Click here for more information and to download application forms.
- Thea Foundation Scholarships are awarded solely on talent, never on test scores, GPAs or intent to major in the arts. Your scholarship will travel to any college you attend, but if you choose to attend one of our more than 20 education partners, including every 4-year college and many 2-year colleges in Arkansas, your scholarship could be matched with thousands more dollars in scholarship money.
Slam Poetry: Deadline 11:59 pm, Monday 3/14/16
Film: Deadline 3/18/16 (Extended deadline flyer)
- UCA Foundation scholarship applications are currently open. If you are planning to attend UCA, visit uca.edu/go/foundation-scholarships to apply. There are 303 scholarships available. The deadline is March 11.
- Scholarship Information: Keep up with the latest scholarship opportunities and deadlines at http://chs.conwayschools.org/scholarships.html.
- Download the Conway Public Schools App to receive CHS notifications on your phone. Check iTunes or Google Play to keep up with calendars, announcements, grades, and more.