- University of Central Arkansas will be visiting us today in front of the counseling center to discuss general questions about the university, applications, housing, financial aid and scholarship opportunities. Come by and visit during your lunch.
- Cats Bank will re-open today.
- AP U.S. History: There will be an informational meeting concerning next year’s AP United States History course today in room 263 during both lunch periods.
- ACT Prep Course: The University of Central Arkansas Outreach is offering an ACT prep class. This class will meet two days a week for five weeks leading up to the February 6th ACT test. The first class is today. Flyers are available in the counseling center with contact information, or at UCA Outreach online.
- The Young Feminist Alliance will meet in Room 262 today at 3:30 to discuss club t-shirts, pictures, and spring events. Snacks will be provided.
- Basketball: Conway vs. Russellville, today at 4:00 pm in Russellville.
- Beta Club will meet on Wednesday at 3:30 pm in the CHS Lecture Hall.
- Key Club will meet this Thursday during both lunches, room 365 1st lunch. Guest speaker will be Amanda Mulhearne who will share her story behind the Freezin for a Reason race coming up in February. Bring your lunch and come hear how you can help support the Arkansas Children’s Miracle Network.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet Thursday at 3:30 pm in room 116.
- Model United Nations will meet Thursday in room 263 at 3:30.
- The Conway PD Explorers will meet this Thursday at 5:00 pm at the Police Department. We will be receiving hands on CPR and First Aid training and receiving certification.
- Orchestra Concert: The annual CHS Full Orchestra concert, with select CHS Band members joining the strings, is Thursday, January 14th at 6:30 pm at the James H. Clark Auditorium. The concert will feature senior soloists Allison Dombek, cello, and Rachel Lance, violin. The program includes music from Andrew Lloyd-Webber's beloved Phantom of the Opera, as well as Carl Orff's gripping "O Fortuna" from Carmina Burana with members of the CHS Chamber Choir. Admission is free.
- Basketball: Conway vs. Greenwood, Friday at 3:30 pm in the Buzz Bolding Arena.
- Shutterbug Club Members: Join us on Saturday, January 16 from 3:00-6:00 pm for a live studio shoot with models. For more information and to sign up, see poster in the photography room 210.
- Thea Foundation Scholarships are awarded solely on talent, never on test scores, GPAs or intent to major in the arts. Your scholarship will travel to any college you attend, but if you choose to attend one of our more than 20 education partners, including every 4-year college and many 2-year colleges in Arkansas, your scholarship could be matched with thousands more dollars in scholarship money.
Creative Writing: Deadline 11:59 pm, Monday 1/25/16
Fashion Design: Deadline 11:59 pm, Monday 3/7/16
Slam Poetry: Deadline 11:59 pm, Monday 3/14/16
Film: Deadline 3/18/16 (Extended deadline flyer)
- 10th and 11th Graders: Camp RYLA is a youth leadership camp sponsored by Rotary International Clubs. It is an excellent program for developing leadership skills, communication skills, and for networking with other youth leaders throughout the state. The local camp will take place March 31-April 3 at the 4-H Center in Ferndale, AR. Attendants are selected based on an application and interview process. Application packets are available in the counseling center and must be completed and returned to the counseling center by next Friday, January 22.
- Diversity Impact 2016: The University of Arkansas is pleased to invite your students to attend Diversity Impact 2016, a free student event designed specifically for the class of 2017. Diversity Impact will be offered during the spring semester on February 25th – 27th, 2016. Space is limited so in order for students to be considered for participation, they should complete the application and essay by January 26th. Click here for further details or come by the counseling center for a paper application.
- Teachers and Sponsors: Do you have club, organization, or classroom events to share? We want your story. Please send pictures and complete information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have you downloaded the Conway Public Schools App? Check iTunes or Google Play to keep up with calendars, announcements, and more.