- HOSA Members: If you are planning to compete at Spring Conference and have not received a medical release and information form, see Ms. Castleberry, Ms. Friant or Ms. Busby by Friday.
- Class Shirts: If you did not receive your class shirt from your 2nd period teacher, see Ms. Hunt in Annex 610. If you would like to purchase a shirt, supplies are limited and the cost is $20.
- Creative Writing Club meets Thursday, 1/21 at 3:30 in room 116.
- Model United Nations meets Thursday, 1/21 at 3:30 in room 263.
- 10th and 11th Graders: Camp RYLA is a youth leadership camp sponsored by Rotary International Clubs. It is an excellent program for developing leadership skills, communication skills, and for networking with other youth leaders throughout the state. The local camp will take place March 31-April 3 at the 4-H Center in Ferndale, AR. Attendants are selected based on an application and interview process. Application packets are available in the counseling center and must be completed and returned to the counseling center by Friday, January 22.
- CHS Track: Indoor Track Meet at ASU.
- CHS Wrestling: Maumelle Tournament in Maumelle.
- Conway Diving: 2:00 pm at Hendrix College.
- Lady Cats Basketball: Conway vs Siloam Springs, 3:30 pm at Buzz Bolding Arena.
- Ozark Water Project is an organization that takes new or gently used donated shoes and sells them by the pound to developing countries. In these countries the shoes serve as an opportunity for entrepreneurs to have a business venture and also provide low cost shoes for the population. Ozark Water Project uses the money from the bulk sale of shoes to build and repair wells, and provide water purification systems in countries in serious need of water. Last year, when Bryant challenged us to collect shoes, we rose to the occasion and collected 3,000 shoes. Hopefully, we will once again rise to the occasion. Join us January 25-29 by bringing in old shoes to your second period, so that we can help bring water to those who so desperately need it. Boxes will also be set up in the lobby for the community to donate.
- Thea Foundation Scholarships are awarded solely on talent, never on test scores, GPAs or intent to major in the arts. Your scholarship will travel to any college you attend, but if you choose to attend one of our more than 20 education partners, including every 4-year college and many 2-year colleges in Arkansas, your scholarship could be matched with thousands more dollars in scholarship money.
Fashion Design: Deadline 11:59 pm, Monday 3/7/16
Slam Poetry: Deadline 11:59 pm, Monday 3/14/16
Film: Deadline 3/18/16 (Extended deadline flyer)
- Diversity Impact 2016: The University of Arkansas is pleased to invite your students to attend Diversity Impact 2016, a free student event designed specifically for the class of 2017. Diversity Impact will be offered during the spring semester on February 25th – 27th, 2016. Space is limited so in order for students to be considered for participation, they should complete the application and essay by January 26th. Click here for further details or come by the counseling center for a paper application.
- UCA Foundation scholarship applications are currently open. If you are planning to attend UCA, visit uca.edu/go/foundation-scholarships to apply. There are 303 scholarships available. The deadline is March 11.
- Teachers and Sponsors: Do you have club, organization, or classroom events to share? We want your story. Please send pictures and complete information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have you downloaded the Conway Public Schools App? Check iTunes or Google Play to keep up with calendars, announcements, and more.