- Congratulations all HOSA members for your excellent performance at the HOSA State Conference. First place winners are: Kaira Ball, Human Growth and Development; Blaine Booher, Medical Math; Noah Brooks, Nutrition; Manahil Kazmi and Tatiana McGraw, Medical Innovation; Kevin Urdaneta, Prepared Speaking. Second place winners are: Lexis Blassingame, Behavioral; Christian Armstrong and Alexis McDaniel, CERT (Community Emergence Response Team); Emma Cook, Veterinary Science; Laura Heifner, Physical Therapy; Angel Kaye and Alex Moore, Creative Health Display; Kaylon Thomas and Onika Mitchell, Emergency Medical Technician. Third place winners are: Angel Dunn and Brianna Hollis, CPR/First Aid; Victoria McDougal, Zoey McGhee and Titiana McGraw, Forensic Medicine; Leslie Salaz, Patsy Salaz and Brittany Torrance, Health Education. Chapter Recognition, HOSA chapter reflection, Alana Taylor.
- Congratulations to Key Club for representing Conway High School and the Kiwanis family well at the Missouri-Arkansas District Leadership Conference last weekend in Springdale, Missouri. Key Club earned a Public Relations Award, Second Place for Single Service Project, and First Place for Digital Poster, designed by Editor, Lauren Campbell. Junior, Reilly Mullaney, received a certificate and was honored as Conway High School’s Member of the Year during the opening night slide show.
- Congratulations to the following students who placed in the Regional ACTM Math Competition held on Saturday, March 5th. In Algebra II - Tanner Ruth received 2nd place, in Statistics - Preston Moline received 1st place and in Calculus - Kyle Burns 1st, Kevin Trickey 2nd, Josh Vines 3rd, and Jack Lester received Honorable Mention. These students will participate in the State Contest on Saturday, April 23, 2016.
- The University of Alabama will be visiting today in front of the counseling center to discuss general questions about the university, applications, housing, financial aid and scholarship opportunities. Come by and visit during your lunch.
- Grayson McEowen will sign his Letter of Intent to play golf at CBC in the Arena today at 4:30 pm.
- College Preparation information night: Please join Mt. Gale Missionary Baptist Church for their College Preparation information night tonight from 6-8 pm. Visit the Counseling Center for a copy of the flyer.
- The Faulkner County Cattlemen's Association (FCCA) Scholarship deadline: FCCA awards college scholarships to individuals active in the beef and/or dairy cattle industry. Applications must be turned in by today. See the Counseling Center for guidelines and applications.
- Model United Nations will meet Thursday at 3:30 pm in room 263.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet Thursday at 3:30 pm in room 116.
- Diversity Arts Fest: In honor of Black History Month and Women’s History Month, CHS is holding its second annual Diversity Arts Fest at the James H. Clark Auditorium on March 17th at 6:00 pm. The performance will feature talented CHS students performing pieces of music, poetry, and prose written by prominent African American and female artists. The keynote speaker will be Ms. Dianne Curry who is running for the U.S. Congress in Arkansas’ second congressional district. Please come out to support your fellow classmates and to enjoy a night filled with diversity appreciation.
- Girls and Boys Soccer: Conway vs. Russellville, Thursday 4:00 pm at John D. MConnell Stadium.
- Softball: Conway vs. Russellville, Thursday 5:00 pm at the CHS softball field.
- Baseball: Conway vs. Russellville, Thursday 5:00 pm at the CHS baseball field.
- CHS Tug-of-War: After a decade of waiting, the Conway High School Tug of War is back! The Career Center will be hosting the Tug of War tournament on March 18th at the Conway High School football field. During the week of March 18th, students can purchase tickets for $1 and will get out of class after 2nd lunch to watch. Concessions will be available and prizes will be given out to spectators. All proceeds will benefit Arkansas Children’s Hospital.
- Quiz Bowl will meet Friday at 3:30 pm in room 114.
- Shelter Insurance Foundation Scholarship Deadline: Pick up an application in the Counseling Center and return it no later than Friday, March 18.
- Henderson State University is honoring High School Juniors by inviting them to participate in the Henderson 100 program. The Henderson 100 is a two day event scheduled for April 29th & 30th. This allows juniors the opportunity to sit in on classes of interest, talk to other university students, campus tour and see what dorm life is really about. There is no cost to students attending this program. The application and academic interest form must be filled out and returned no later than March 18th. See the Counseling Center for more information.
- The UAMS College of Pharmacy Summer Camp Program is designed for high school rising seniors and recently graduated high school students entering college interested in learning more about the challenging career pathway opportunities in the profession of pharmacy. This unique camp incorporates active participation in a broad scope of learning experiences including “hands-on” training in pharmacy practice skills, lectures by College of Pharmacy faculty and local Arkansas pharmacist practitioners, and field trips to actual pharmacy practice locations. Students currently in their junior and senior year of high school are eligible to apply. Application, official transcript, ACT scores, and two sealed letters of recommendation and must be postmarked no later than Friday, March 18, 2016. See the Counseling Center for more information.
- Softball: Fayetteville/Farmington Tournament, Friday in Fayetteville.
- Softball: Fayetteville/Farmington Tournament, Saturday in Fayetteville.
- Lifeguard Certification Class April 15-17 at UCA. If you are looking for a summer job, this would be the class you need for a fun summer job. Sign up at UCA - HPER Center, April 12 to secure your spot. Ask for Jennifer Boudreaux, the cost is $250.
- Scholarship Information: Keep up with the latest scholarship opportunities and deadlines at http://chs.conwayschools.org/scholarships.html.
- Download the Conway Public Schools App to receive CHS notifications on your phone. Check iTunes or Google Play to keep up with calendars, announcements, grades, and more.