- Congratulations to the Conway High Model United Nations team for its success at Monday’s Model UN Conference in Little Rock. Seventeen (17) students won awards for Conway High School at the conference. Winning Awards for Honorable Mention Outstanding Position Papers were: David Desrochers, Matt Sweere, Elsa Mattson, Michaela Boothby, Ikina Kanu, and Ravinder Mondair. Winning Awards for Honorable Mention Outstanding Delegate were: Elaine Taylor, Sani Tripathi, Hadiyah Cummings, Lauren Sherrod, Nicole Penn, Connor Lichtenwalter, Jennifer Ticer, and Joshua Vines. Winning an award for the overall outstanding position paper in committee: Elaina Taylor and Sani Tripathi. Winning overall best delegate in committee awards were: Meagan Carmack, Tim Ablondi, and Michael Ward. Conway High also sponsored several resolutions which were passed in individual committees. Congratulations to all Model UN students for a great effort.
- The Young Republicans will meet today during BOTH lunches.
- Make-up school pictures will be taken today, 10/7, starting at 10 a.m. in the Media Center. Don’t miss this opportunity to get your picture in the yearbook.
- Show your support for DIG PINK on Thursday, October 8th by wearing PINK! Pink beads will be sold today and Thursday during both lunches in the cafeteria for $1.00 to wear on Thursday! All proceeds will be donated to the Bailey Family.
- The CHS Volleyball Team is selling raffle tickets for $2.00! Buy a ticket for a chance to win some AMAZING prizes at the DIG PINK game on Thursday, October 8th!
- Boys Golf – State Tournament, Fayetteville, time TBA
- Tennis Conference Tournament, Burns Park, time TBA
- Key Club will meet this Thursday in room 365 during 1st lunch and room 363 during second lunch. Join us as we discover ways to make our world a better place by participating in the Ozark Water Project’s Shoe Drive. Also, get your leadership training at our Key Leader Weekend coming up the first weekend of November!
- FEA monthly meeting will be Thursday, October 8th during second lunch and after school.
- Tennis Conference Tournament Burns Park, time TBA
- The University of Alabama will meet with interested students during both lunches Thursday, 10/8 in front of the Counseling Center.
- JV/V-Volleyball - Conway vs. Russellville, CHS Arena, DIG PINK NIGHT, 5:00 pm.
- Show your support for DIG PINK on Thursday, October 8th by wearing PINK! Pink beads will be sold Thursday during both lunches in the cafeteria for $1.00 to wear on Thursday! All proceeds will be donated to the Bailey Family.
- The CHS Volleyball Team is selling raffle tickets for $2.00. Buy a ticket for a chance to win some AMAZING prizes at the DIG PINK game on Thursday, October 8th!
- Centennial Bank will be grilling burgers outside the Arena before the DIG PINK game on Thursday starting at 4:30! You can purchase a burger, chips and water for $5.00!
- Arkansas Governor’s School is a unique experience for a select group of highly motivated, creative 11th graders to live and learn in an exciting atmosphere unlike any other. Come to room 167 after school this Thursday to find out about the program and Conway High’s application process.
- Paul Mitchell School will meet with interested students Friday 10/9 in front of the Counseling Center during both lunches.
- FBLA, FCCLA, FFA, and FEA will be hosting a Catfish Supper on Friday, October 9, 4:30-7:30 in the CHS cafeteria before the Cats vs. Greenwood football game. Tickets are $12. Please see a member of one of these organizations or buy a ticket at the door. Please come out and support these organizations.
- Deadline: Shutterbug Club Workshop sign-up. Please sign up on Mrs. Gill's door, room 210, by today after school.
- PSAT Deadline for Juniors: The PSAT, the qualifying test for the National Merit Scholarship program, will be given on campus Wednesday, October 14th. This is the qualifying test for the National Merit Scholars program. The cost is $15. Students should sign up in the counseling center by Friday, October 9th.
- Football - Conway vs. Greenwood, John McConnell Stadium, 7:00 pm
- There will be a Shutterbug Club Workshop this Saturday, October 10 from 4:00-6:00 pm in Mrs. Gill’s room (210). There will be a sign up sheet on Mrs. Gill’s door, please sign up no later than Friday, October 9th after school. We look forward to seeing you!
- Central Arkansas Grambling State University Alumni Chapter High School Day on 10/10.
- Lady Cat Tournament - Arena/CHS Gym/Stuart/Courtway, time TBA
- Cross Country – Bryant Tournament, there, time TBA
- Juniors: The PSAT, the qualifying test for the National Merit Scholarship program, will be given on campus Wednesday, October 14th. This is the qualifying test for the National Merit Scholars program. The cost is $15. Students should sign up in the counseling center by Friday, October 9th.
- Do you Believe in Fair Play, Dignity of Work and the American Way of Life? Then you are the right person for us. We need you to sign up for a SKILLSUSA membership today. The cost is only $20. You are eligible to join if you are taking any technical and industry career classes. See Mrs. Park, Mrs. Gill, Mrs. Thornton, or Mrs. Calhoun, Mr. Mathis, Mr. Kennedy, Mr. Montz, Mr. Woods, or Mr. Pendley to sign up. Deadline is October 16th.
- UCA is having a Lifeguard Training certificate course, October 16th-18th. The cost is $250. Re-certification is October 16th and 18th and is only $100. For more information contact Coach Rye at email@example.com.
- Teachers and Sponsors: Do you have club, organization, or classroom events to share? We want your story. Please send pictures and complete information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have you downloaded the Conway Public Schools App? Check iTunes or Google Play to keep up with calendars, announcements, and more.